Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Motorhomers. Where ever you are in the world, if you are interested in football can you read this and pass it on to anyone else you think may be interested? We need your help! If you have any questions I can try to answer them or you can email the [email protected]

Stirling Albion FC is for sale . The fans of Stirling Albion FC would like to buy the Club and you can help.

This is the chance of a lifetime for real football fans to part own and help run a real football club. Stirling Albion FC is a professional football team with a fantastic heritage. It has been for sale for several years with no serious bidders and we (the fans) want your help to secure its future. If we are unsuccessful the future for the club is uncertain.

Stirling Albion play in central Scotland, within one of Britain's fastest growing and most historic cities, with a population of 60,000 people. Stirling is famed for links with William Wallace and Robert the Bruce and we believe it is the birthplace of modern football!

This is the first time that fans, no matter who you support or where you are in the world, will have the chance to own a football league club. With our campaign you will know exactly what you are buying. The long-established SAFC Supporters Trust not only want to save the club, but to restructure it in a way that means Stirling Albion will not just survive but thrive in the future, under complete community ownership.

For just £40 you can play your part in the future of Stirling Albion. For this small investment you will receive an exclusive range of benefits as well as being able to vote on key decisions from deciding who should be our president to choosing what kits we use.

This isn't fantasy football. This is real football for real fans......

www.BuyStirlingAlbion.org.uk

many thanks in anticipation

STIRLING ALBION SUPPORTERS TRUST (http://www.safcst.org.uk)
Please feel free to contact the Trust via : [email protected]
Registered with the Financial Services Authority under the Industrial and Provident Societies Act 1965, as the Stirling Albion Supporters' Society Limited - Registration Number 29560R

·
Registered
277 Posts
Hi dcmo Ive joined the trust I used to go and watch the Binos when I was a boy. I just hope this works as it would be a shame for the team to go out of business.

regards

Bernie

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bernies said:
Hi dcmo Ive joined the trust I used to go and watch the Binos when I was a boy. I just hope this works as it would be a shame for the team to go out of business.

regards

Bernie
Many thanks Bernie - your support is really appreciated. :blob4:

(If there are any Twitterers out there, you can follow the campaign on http://www.twitter.com/buysafc )

·
Premium Member
9,919 Posts
Hi dcmo

Sorry to hear of Albion's plight,I was wondering if anyones thought of approaching Celtic & Rangers to ask if they would play in a friendly (especially away) I'm sure you'd get a 20,000 plus gate for both matches!
It might be worth a try they can only say No.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a good idea Moblee, but the campaign is about the Supporters' Trust and other fan groups trying to raise money to buy the club from the current owner. We're not in a position to arrange for the team to do anything such as play friendlies.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We both played at Annfield (us) and Anfield (them), we both wear red and white??

(Bill Shankly was manager of Liverpool his brother Bob was manager of the Albion)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Hi DCMO just thought I might have caught you out anyway keep up all the good work. Im sure things wil work out I will have to try and get down sometime, get the old scarf out of the loft.

regards

Bernie

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi again. The BuyStirlingAlbion Campaign is still going strong, despite rumours to the contrary following the Club owner's rejection of our first offer :?

You can catch up with the details on the SAFC Supporters Trust website or follow us on Twitter (@buysafc) for the latest headlines as they happen!

:s: :t: :i: :r: :l: :i: :n: :g: :a: :l: :b: :i: :eek:: :n:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.