Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On monday morning my wife went to work in her car about 45 mins later I relised I had left the van keys in her car, I know where the spare keys are I said to myself, I found them at the same time I rememberd that the spare door key was broken dohh!!!! , so I got a small flat bladed screwdriver and tried to prise the rear sliding window out a little so I could push a hacksaw blade into the catch and open the window. to my suprise the catch popped of its mouting with very little effort, slided the window open and opened rear door all in about 10 seconds.once I got in the van the catch just popped back on with no damage done. my question is dose anybody know any way to secure the window better

chris :D

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hymer windows

I don't have sliding rear windows on my 544 but the cab windows slide. I thought it would be easy to flip the catches so i cut two strips of 5/16" ABS and drop them into the window channels when we leave the van, they are a push fit into the space and lift out woth a little ring cut into them

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hello rommel
mine has front sliding windows, whoever had the van before me made some aluminium c section to fit in the channel with a little bolt to lift them out to open the windows, but the rear window is in a channel on the outside of the van so I am finding hard to work out how to secure them,

many thanks for your reply chris :D

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
If your catch release mechanism on the handle is the 'squeeze together and slide to open' type, then an easy but effective method is to slide a piece of dowel into the gap between the two working parts..(I hope that makes sense)!!

Regards M&D :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.