Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
2007 CI Carioca 656
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realise it's probably not the most popular destination but does anyone have any recommendations for sites in and around Hartlepool? Not fussed as to whether it's a camp site or a motorhome friendly pub but if anyone has some recommendations before I just pick one at random they'd be gretly appreciated.

My dad passed away earlier this year so we're planning on going up there for a couple of days at the end of October (half term) to show my lads where their grandfather grew up (and where I spent many a week on holiday staying with my grandmother). I haven't been up there since my gran passed away in 2009 and not holidayed up there since I was in my early teens so I bet Seaton Carew isn't that same as it was 35+ years ago but my boys have been asking where "Grumps" lived and spent time when he was little so we're going to show them 馃榾

Registered
2007 CI Carioca 656
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We stayed at Todds House Farm CL last year for a few days to visit Hartlepool. It is a simple CL but quite spacious. Worth considering if you are a CAMH member.
We were thinking of joining next year, may bring it forward if nothing else appeals as that looks like it's only half an hour or so away in the van.

Premium Member
I would just call the CL sites anyway. If it's basic farmers field they won't care if your a member of not.
I know that you use CL/CS's a lot Barry. Out of interest, can I ask how often do you get asked for your membership card when you get to them, would you say?

Premium Member
I know that you use CL/CS's a lot Barry. Out of interest, can I ask how often do you get asked for your membership card when you get to them, would you say?
Hardly ever. The odd one does but if they do it's when you book over the phone or email. Nobody has ever asked for a membership card on arrival though. You do get more detail on the website by being members though and occasionally there is the odd one on the club site that's not on searchforsites etc but it's rare. It's only fifty quid for a year anyway.

Premium Member
Thanks

Are you a member of both the big clubs Barry?

Premium Member
Out of interest did any of the CCC CS sites ask about whether you had membership or not or did you manage to secure the member's rate for staying? I ask as we have recently lapsed our membership with them due to not using any of their places for well over 4 years.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts