Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed on the AA website that certain countries in Europe require the deployment of Red Triangles on the Front as well as on the rear of Motorhome when towing.

Does anyone know what size these triangles have to be and how one would attach to front of vehicle?

Thank you

·
Registered
405 Posts
Hi,
The traingles are a standard size and can be bought at most vehicle accessory shops, It has to be placed out in front of the vehicle as well as to the rear, 30 metres on normal roads 100 metres on motorways.

PhilJ

·
Registered
633 Posts
philjohn said:
Hi,
The traingles are a standard size and can be bought at most vehicle accessory shops, It has to be placed out in front of the vehicle as well as to the rear, 30 metres on normal roads 100 metres on motorways.

PhilJ
I may be wrong, but I think the triangles are the ones that have to be on the back of a trailer or towed vehicle. :?

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Noticed on the AA website that certain countries in Europe require the deployment of Red Triangles on the Front as well as on the rear of Motorhome when towing.
K1m, having travelled extensively in Europe with a m/h and toad (A frame) I have never come across this regulation but I am always open to more information if it is correct.

The Spanish used to have a Orange triangle displayed on the front o/s wing mirror which had to be illuminated at night if you had a trailer (hgv truck mainly) but they abolished that law years ago, and this red triangle info is certainly new to me, hopefully someone can enlighten us both.

Indecently the red triangles must be on the rear of the trailer or toad and not on the m/h and must be removed from the toad when using it.

JUST noticed early posts (entered while typing mine) Do you mean the triangles for a breakdown?

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Front Triangles

The way I read it the triangles were to be attached to towed and towing vehicle.
I did not mean the breakdown emergency triangles.
Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.