Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a Geist Spirit 560 with a fixed table on runners. I find the table too big and heavy, and it's awkward to use. Has anyone removed one before and have any tips please? I'm working out a way to make a frame so that the bed can be used. Any ideas on that appreciated too! Cheers!

·
Premium Member
17,936 Posts
Hi, I have a Geist Spirit 560 with a fixed table on runners. I find the table too big and heavy, and it's awkward to use. Has anyone removed one before and have any tips please? I'm working out a way to make a frame so that the bed can be used. Any ideas on that appreciated too! Cheers!
First thing we do when buying a new van is to get rid of the table, it opens the area and is far more amenable.

Usually there are 4 screw/bolts fixings to the floor whether screwdriver or spannet are the only tools needed.

Tony

·
Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
12,674 Posts
Welcome StephWebb.

If the table is on a runner can you not just leave it at home and leave the runner in place on the wall? Maybe I've misunderstood.

If the bed was originally made up with a 'kneeling' table you'd presumably have to replace that support as well as provide a flat surface.

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
I removed the table in our Roller Team - it was just screwed to the floor. We use a free standing table now that can be used outside if required. It gives us much more room inside. Sorry, we don't use the lounge area as a bed so didn't have to make a bed support frame.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.