Motorhome Facts Forum banner
41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,553 Posts
On BBC South Today people were turned away from their flights because their issue date and expiry dates were different and not giving sufficient overlap time.
The six months before expiry now needed to visit the EU can be reduced if you have renewed early.

Ray.

·
Premium Member
17,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Email this morning to say they have sent the passport by secure delivery, just hope Jürgen will be in when it arrives.
I expect secure delivery is registered post.

·
Premium Member
17,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 · (Edited)
Can you believe I still don’t have a passport, I sent it back again to have the spelling changed, I now have forms to fill in because I refused to pay again if I do it on line (Your money will be returned to you) he told me in an email, the speed he or she has been working and the mistakes made I don‘t trust that to happen without a fight so he/she sent me forms to fill in and I have to send that back with 2 photo. The questions asked, I will strike through most of them, I am not a dependent or a foreigner applying for a British pass port I just want my name spelt correctly.:mad:

I see I haven’t told you it has been back once already and I was told they don’t use umlauts, I sent them a copy of my last passport that has the umlaut. I was also told in the same breath that some languages have an alternative spelling, I would have though the Passport office would know the German umlaut can be replaced with an added e as it is in my email address that they have used a few times to contact me.

·
Premium Member
25,553 Posts
Thats a worry Jan. Bloody bureaucracy.

Ray.

·
Premium Member
17,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Thats a worry Jan. Bloody bureaucracy.

Ray.
It’s not worrying me Ray, as long as I don’t go out of Germany I have a German Pass, but going into Poland which I do to get
diesel, I should really have my passport. Next year I hope to go out of the country, I’m sure it will be here by then, just so blessed annoying.

·
Premium Member
25,553 Posts
I would hate to be without my (our) passports Jan as you never know whats round the corner. I hate last minute problems and as my passport runs out Jan 24, I'm already making plans to submit a renewal after we come back from Portugal late March 23.
Just in case.

Ray.

·
Premium Member
4,707 Posts
Prior to us touring South America in 2006, we were told that we had to have at least six months remaining on our passports before we left the UK. and our return date. From memory I believe it was the same for Vietnam & Cambodia.

·
Premium Member
4,707 Posts
Taken from another forum.

The problem was going to be solved as a friend was due to fly out and join her in Toulouse. Until then we were going to avoid all emission zones.- I might have mentioned here before that it never happened? The friend was stopped boarding her flight at Bristol. (She was not going to have three months left on her passport from the day she would be returning to the U.K.). As a result, ** had to spend the holiday without the sticker..

·
Premium Member
17,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
As I have no plans to go anywhere in a hurry, not even in Germany, I´m not concerned, as said its just bloody annoying.
Now if I strike through stuff that doesn't apply to me will that be sent back to me again. I will ring them later and talk to this person who hopefully speaks perfect English even though the name is probably Polish, Olha Wilnyckyj.

·
Premium Member
Malibu PVC
30,220 Posts
Sunak speaks good English.

• Haha
Reactions: GMJ and JanHank
41 - 60 of 64 Posts