Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our Trident was previously used as a wheelchair carrier so has two unsightly holes in the carpet plus a few screw holes directlythough the floor boards.

Has anyone any experience of replacing the carpet in a Trident? The panel is conveniently flat but the form of manufacture means that this panel goes under all the rear seating and side furniture. I have estimated that it looks a relativly simple job by cutting close to the edges but would like any feed back as to any unforseen probs? Also where to get matching carpet from. I have just joined ASOC and will call Autosleeper but is there a cheaper supplier?

Cheers

APA

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Have you thought about replacing the floor covering with something other than traditional carpet, look at kitchen floor covering options?
That way you could get an off cut of Flotex or Cushion floor from local dealers and have something that's harder wearing looks good and is easier to clean? Just put a couple of mats at the entry points to stop the mud / slush n stuff. 8)

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We dont fancy a 'whipe clean' floor but thanks for the suggestion. We use a mat at the moment to cover the holes but find it a real pain, getting in the way, curling up and obstructing the fridge door.

Thanks for the reply

APA

·
Premium Member
13,217 Posts
twooks said:
Have you thought about replacing the floor covering with something other than traditional carpet, look at kitchen floor covering options?
I know nothing of this vehicle so am preparing to be shot down :(

Following on from the bathroom line, what about the timber flooring they sell in strips in B&Q and the like. This would be a easy clean surface and and a removable carpet strip could used in addition.

Gillian

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Trident is a Autosleeper T4 conversion so the floor area is only about 5feet x 3feet with the fridge door opening onto it at a flush level so removable carpets are not a practical option sorry.

Taking the wood flooring a little further I wounder what a completely veneired MH would look like :roll:

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
apasher said:
Taking the wood flooring a little further I wounder what a completely veneired MH would look like :roll:
cool dude, 8) i think some of the bigger continental US lookalikes have used them! Might be a bit heavy tho'

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.