Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back this weekend after fitting my new camera. I wanted it as a rear view so that I could keep an eye on traffic behind, you know the ones that will sit right on your back bumper ,where you can't see them and also to keep an eye on my motorbike on its trailer. To install the camera I found a mounting point on the pushbike rack mountings. I then fed the cable through some white ovalish conduit (bought in B&Q) which I then stuck to the back of my Dethleff using silicone sealer. So, the conduit goes along the top of the pushbike rail, down the side and does not look out of place at all. The cable was then threaded behind the rear lights, routed under the van using cable clips and ties to the passenger side footwell (in hindsight it should have gone to the drivers footwell as this is nearer the fuse box). In the base of the footwell is a removeable grommet that I drilled a small hole in to feed the cable through, putting plenty of silicone sealer around afterwards. I have to admit at this stage I bottled out and got an auto-electrician to wire it into the van (new van and no confidence).The monitor sits up on the clip board bit on the dash (Fiat Ducato) and can be removed easily if leaving the M/H parked up. The hardest part was crawling about underneath feeding the cable through and the only downside is that if/when we get another motorhome I will have to fit a camera at once because they are so good, it makes driving so much easier particularly on the continent as it enables you to see the nasty blind spot that you get when driving on the wrong side.

·
Registered
845 Posts
hi mike

i also fitted one to watch my motorbike rack , i wired mine into the zig at the rear of the vehicle though , theres a pic of it in my bike rack thread in the parts and accecories section if you want to compare how i fitted mine .
cheers
kenny+stella

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just had a look Kenny + Stella , its roughly in the same place as mine. Looks like you drilled through as I cannot see any wires, this is something that I wanted to avoid so that I didn't invalidate my warranty

·
Registered
845 Posts
hi mike

yep ! i drilled a mounting hole but it was in a small ally cover , then fed the wire into a slit in the air vent which it covers. i would have been more reluctant to do it on a shiny motor under warranty though like yours.
cheers
kenny+stella

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Not wanting to hijack this thread but!

Has anyone tried using these wireless "spy" night cameras linked to a monitor?
Any comments? Clicky clicky here camera

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.