Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of buying a motorhome to spend the next year on the continent so, sensibly I thought, best pick up a lhd to make things easier.
However, on return to the UK , is it going to be more difficult to dispose/change a lhd drive MH or indeed would there be a drop in value compared to a rhd same model? Any views anyone? :idea1:

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
That's a good question I've often pondered, especially when considering an import.

I'm presuming that to buy in France as an example, and to resell in France would be advantageous, No fog lamps to fit no headlamps to convert and whatever else U.K legislation req's for use on GB roads, there is a lot of money to be saved when buying abroad, what the residuals are,..I don't know,..something else to consider, is would a French Dealer be interested in a UK spec. M/H trade-in?

Curious on this one too!

regards M&D :)

·
Registered
903 Posts
Hi Trekkie 2.

If you are abroad for year you need a L.H.D.,friends we have drive left hookers here with no problem,we sold our last R.H.D Hymer and people who came to look said they didn't mind either,so you will sell it easily.

£1.000 the difference

·
Registered
599 Posts
Hi

Right hand drive models generally get a better price than lhd models, in the first instance and when selling on again. I would have thought the price differential is about the same, and the depreciation the same.

In my case i have a hymer, its a left hooker, and i love it.

There are far more lhd hymers about than rhd over here in the UK and this applies to a lot of european motorhomes.

When looking for the vehicle and layout i wanted, i never came across a single rhd model for sale.

If you decide on a british built mh, you'll be pushed to find a leftie at all.

Bear in mind also that european built rhd vans do not always have a full rhd conversion. i.e. the caravan door is still on the offside, the wipers may leave a blind spot on the screen and the waste pipe is still on the offside.

Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.