Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - wondered if anyone had done a trip around the time of the harvest in Rioja land.
we went to the area about 3-4 years ago (in a car then though!) and would like to go back mid to late Sept this year.
I know it's a bit far to go to get a decent bottle, but as this is my absolute fave tipple, just thought it would be a fun couple of weeks - hic :)
They have fiestas presumably - just wondered if there were any suggestions re places to go and campsites - within staggering distance of stuff.
Salud :D
Terri

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Camping Naverette near Logrono
Camping de Haro at Haro

Both within a very short walk of excellent large bodegas and numerous
welcoming bars.

Wonderful that time of yesr but I don't know anything about fiestas there.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi - thanks to all for your replies - esp to Billy and Karl.
Will definitely be investigating those great suggestions.
And also - we would be happy if anyone wanted to join us.
No firm plans as such yet - but have been thinking about doing this for a while.
Am off to visit friends in Canada on Sunday (minus the van obviously - but also minus the husband - he's staying at home!! ) - will revisit this when I return and maybe start some more organised planning!!
Well, as organised as I could be!!!
Terri

·
Registered
498 Posts
Wine festival

Karl,

Sheer genius. We'll be in Spain in September and have resolved to get away from the Costas this year. Looks like our sort of party.........

Anyone else likely to be around at that time?

Ray

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
I don't know anything about the harvest time there but it is a beautiful part of Spain, and easy to get to from San Sebastian. We stayed three nights in the general area, all wildcamping.
Check out the Bardenas Reale Parque Naturale it is stunning and unique, and probably hot at that time of the year but we stayed two nights in it.
Enjoy it all.

Ca

·
Registered
221 Posts
rioja

I know it's a way further south but Sitges near Barcelona is a lovely town and they have a wine festival early September with pressing of the grapes. We have camped at Camping Sitges and El Garrofer both 5 minute cycle rides to the lovely long seafront with miles of sandy beaches. It's mainly aSpanish resort and there is a large gay community.
Loads of nice restaurants and bars

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi all, well I just did it - booked our ferry - leaving Mon 7th Sept - returning Sat 3rd Oct.
So that should give us time for a lazy meander down the west coast of France - a bit of beach life, then in Spain for the 3rd week of Sept until we decide to leave!!!
Really looking forward to it now :D :D

Anyone else who'se interested is very welcome to join us.

Terri

·
Registered
498 Posts
Be there first

Terri,

Ahhh, we'll be there first. Outbound 2nd August for return 2nd October. Would stay later but camp sites in France shut down from late August on and we do like to make the most of the return journey.

Ray

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Ray - now that sounds good, but unfortunately we can't do quite that long for a few reasons.
1 Can't manage S France/Spain in August anymore, (too hot)
2 Like to wait till all the dear little 'treasures' are back at school!
3 Can't really leave the garden/allotment for too long ( sad I know, but there you go!!)

Anyway, see you in Logrono!!
Terri

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.