Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have a Domestic roof mounted air con unit. I'm unsure of the model but from memory it draws 650W when using the aircon.

Does anyone have experiance with using these while in motion?

I was going to run a 12v Feed from the battery, with a relay from the ingition, to a 1000W invertor to allow me to run the unit while in motion.

Given the fact that is is areodynamically shaped and the suction is to the rear of the unit (so while in motion air is not being forced in, no more than on a windy day) I can't see it being too much of an issue?

I need to somehow find how it has been wired in also as I can't seem to locate its 240v feed!

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
13,788 Posts
Yes, mine does that. Similar powered model/brand.

I use it only when necessary, and certainly not as a matter of routine, because of the load on the alternator. I hope you already have dash aircon because roof aircon is no substitute for it on the move.

Dave

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Moving roof air con

:D Ciao Addie,
I have a WAECO roof mounted air con, which works via 12v/1500 W. inverter, and can be used on the move. However, as already pointed out it puts a big load on the alternator, and is not really all that good for cooling the cab area in my particular layout.
saluti,
eddied

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.