Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Travel World RV the new dealers Niesmann & Bischoff dealers, have suggested a price of about £926 including delivery and the Carlos Fandango mounting bracket plus 8 hours labour making a total of £1500 to have a new 4 metre Omnistore awning fitted to the new 2008 Arto 69EL we are collecting next week, they state that this awning has to be roof mounted type?

The price seems a bit steep, so any advice gratefully recieved.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
thegreatpan said:
Travel World RV the new dealers Niesmann & Bischoff dealers, have suggested a price of about £926 including delivery and the Carlos Fandango mounting bracket plus 8 hours labour making a total of £1500 to have a new 4 metre Omnistore awning fitted to the new 2008 Arto 69EL we are collecting next week, they state that this awning has to be roof mounted type?

As your in East Sussex, might be worth contacting Johns Cross Motorhomes, or PM'ing them ( I'm sure that Peter will be along soon anyway), for another quote.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Hi TGP,

We seem to be following each other around.... :D

It costs very little extra to fit on the roof - the fitting is still similar, as the brackets are pre formed to suit and a hole is a hole is a hole.

£1500 does seem on the expensive side for a 4 mtr Omnistor. I would shop around away from them. I had a 6 mtr Omnistor 8000 electric fitted for much less than that.

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
thegreatpan said:

Hi,

As your in East Sussex, please call in so Glenn can have a look at your van.

There are a couple of options, a 4 metre F65 awning in a slim case roof mounted would cost £515 and the 4 metre F65 in the larger profile case would be £675.

Labour time 2 - 4 hours

It also depends on whether you want to add a privacy room as to which size awning you choose.

Regards

Peter

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
JohnsCrossMotorHomes said:
As your in East Sussex, please call in so Glenn can have a look at your van.
There are a couple of options, a 4 metre F65 awning in a slim case roof mounted would cost £515 and the 4 metre F65 in the larger profile case would be £675.

Labour time 2 - 4 hours

It also depends on whether you want to add a privacy room as to which size awning you choose.

Regards

Peter
Well done Peter - practical and realistic prices

Pete

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Hi TGP

I priced a 4.5metre omnistor 8000 (wall, not roof mounted) at the Peterboro show.

Price was £1050 I assume supply only.

I fitted my 4metre omnistor with the help of a mate - took about 1.5 hours for the two of us, so 3 hours labour. Would be much quicker if I had to do it again.

With the best will in the world, getting another company to do it, other than the M/H manufacturer's dealer, gives them an opt out if there is a water ingress issue. (And specifically, I am NOT having a pop at any other dealer!!!!).

Enjoy your Arto, and welcome to the club!

David

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.