Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bonjour,

We have finally arrived in France (Isn't it big?). Thinking ahead we were wondering if any of you have driven this route and can advise us if it is worth doing?

We are here for 10 weeks so we are not really in a hurry.
We are currently in Amiens on an ACSI campsite called Parc des Cygnes, very nice.

Thanks in anticipation.

Dean & Angela :wink:

·
Registered
15,865 Posts
Route

Hello Dean and Angela,

We have driven the route a few time but only all the way once in the Motorhome, too much.

I like to pick up the route part way. Sisteron is east via motorway or Digne les Baines. Where will you be heading back from?

I have done a post on here regarding this somehwere, I will try and dig it out.

Trev.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
by now you will either have done it or not !

anyway - our experience of it is something we wouldnt repeat ever again

not that it wasnt beautiful but such a strain !! it took for ever due to the narrow and steep roads going up
coming down was just as bad - break dust everywhere !!

we have a burstner elegance 821G so we are not a small unit

if anyone reads this - my recommendation would be find another route

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
We just come back from south of France . . from Grasse we took that road northwards - never again ! uphill 2nd & 3rd gear all the time with few places to pull over to let the build-up of traffic go by. If I was to do it again, I'd use it to go south . . although on reflection i'd be using the brakes all the time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.