Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had their hands on the new 12.1 screen samsung NC20?

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The new one uses a VIA chipset and is apparently twice as fast, still only 1GB and a similar spec as the 10 - 6 hour battery!

·
Registered
607 Posts
Just had a quick look at the spec and its not bad apart from the fact that it is being shipped with windows XP home edition and considering windows 7 is coming out in October, it makes you wonder how long XP will be supported in the future. You don't see many virus software programs now stating it supports windows 98 and that was popular not too long ago. What will happen to all these netbooks that are not capable of being upgraded to Vista or windows 7. I think I will just wait a while to see if they bring out a model with a later windows.

·
Registered
5,965 Posts
They were on special on QVC yesterday. Nice looker, but 12" screen. Hardly in the spirit of net books. What next 15" screen?
My 11" screen Philips suits me, more memory, optical drive, Firewire, and weighs less. OK only 3.8 hours from the battery but that is better than some netbooks.
Gerry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.