Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Lidl's satelite

Ian,
That 12v system was in Lidl here in Dublin week before last. Mike did go and queue at 7 ish. It's brilliant. We spent most of the day playing with it. We've got more channels on it than in our home! Just hope we can retune when we get to France. Thoroughly recommend it.
Mary 8O

·
Vendor
1,395 Posts
Re: Lidl's satelite

Metromary said:
Ian,
That 12v system was in Lidl here in Dublin week before last. Mike did go and queue at 7 ish. It's brilliant. We spent most of the day playing with it. We've got more channels on it than in our home! Just hope we can retune when we get to France. Thoroughly recommend it.
Mary 8O
Should be OK to tune.................its on sale in Spain on Monday as well.

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
Mary

I just spotted this one too. I noticed on one of the satellite forums that the unit is famous for overheating - but so are lots of other satellite receivers.
I take it that this one is digital and doesn't have any card slot so can only be used for FTA signals? Can you also tell us what the dish is like, how big is it, what comes with the fixing kit and is it useable for a M/H? Any other information gratefully received.

Gaspode

·
Registered
107 Posts
this what you get folks for your £69.99

Portable Satellite Receiver
This portable set includes all you need to receive free-to-view digital channels on holiday or at home
Set comprises: Stereo satellite receiver, satellite dish, Single LNB, infrared remote control (including batteries), coaxial cable (10m), scart cable and a wide range of accessories supplied in a durable carry case
Features include:
- 4000 programmable channels
- Plug and play
Power supply via mains cable or DC connection for 12V/24V
Multiple installation options: Screw clamp, suction feet or wall bracket
3 Year manufacturer’s warranty
Price per set
was £74.99
*Compared to last year

£ 69.99 *

·
Registered
133 Posts
Thank God someone else gave you the technical data!! If you were relying on me you'd be in a bad way.
It's definitely suitable for motorhome, as it's advertised as 'Camping 12v' Comes in a very neat container, so if you don't want to mount it on the roof, you can just open up the box and sit it wherever you want. It also comes with an attached compass, with various city settings, so youcan choose you nearest city and the satelite you want and Bingo! That's the theory anyway.
Will watch out for the overheating.
Mary :oops:

·
Registered
79 Posts
OK so this system looks good and is good value.
What are the FTA channels, and what if any is the difference from FTV.

Why not post where you will be queuing and I will go to a different one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
845 Posts
hi guys

dont know much about this stuff , is it easier to get reception in dodgy areas by satelite, how big is the dish ? if its going to be better i'll be there on monday. what time do they open ?
all info apreciated. :D
cheers
kenny+stella

·
Registered
420 Posts
Flying Scot,

Yes in dodgy terestial areas satalite is better. However satalite has its limitations in Europe as well as the footprint for the satalite showing most of the english stations, BBC ITV etc does not cover a large area of Europe,
Cannot remember the deatails but as you head south through Germany and to teh west you lose it, also as you head south in France. Using other transponders (satalites) you can get other staions like Eurosport, CNN and loads of others.
One hastle is the transponder used for the English stations has a weakish signal in Scotland and you need to aim right at it and can be difficult to locate.
The main Astra transponder is easy found and then you can rotate easily onto the other.
I need to search out exact details and post detailed and simple information on pointing the dish - it is actually quite easy once you have done it a few times.

The lidl sytem appears to be good value and you can pay more just for a reciever. If in Europe there are lots of places selling camping satalite sytems and is easy to pick up a much better dish. The lidl one is plastic and a bitt so so but does the job well enough. The rubber sucker is good and can attach to any smppth surface but do not recommend using on fibre glass panels, roof is ok, as it can stain the fibreglass. I tend to use the clamp on the roof rails or rear ladder or just attach to a stake in the ground. I use the suckers now only on the cab side windows.

Right I am blethering on now, but hopefully this gives a little more info.
Personally I think the lidl sytem is good and I have had no problem with mine or overheating and had it a year now and use it as my home satalite reciever between travels.

·
Registered
845 Posts
hi brambles

thanks for the reply , much apreciated , thats the info i needed as ive not looked at satelite as i thought it was really expensive to get decent gear . will go for it on monday.

thanks again

cheers
kenny+stella

·
Registered
304 Posts
Purchased mine in Kildare Ireland, two weeks ago and found it very easy to set up, last time I went to get one they were sold out, this time I queued by myself from 8.00a.m., a few people arrived at 9.00 a.m., still could be bought that afternoon here. Perhaps most people bought them last time around. Last night I noticed a Large statelite dish for the house for 20 euro in Lidl, can you use the receiver box on the campers statelite and attach it to the large dish in the house.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
:D Hi ladybird. You should have no problem using your Satellite receiver with a seperate Dish for the house from Lidl. At 20 euro that's a good buy. :D Happy viewing. :D

·
Premium Member
1,495 Posts
Could i get itv 1 & itv 2 with this system from Lidl?
Also, my local ph shows premiership football at 3pm on saturdays.
Could i get these football matches with this system?

Regards

Frank

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi guys,

I don't know if anyone can answer a question that is bugging me. How critical is the alignment of the dish? I mean, if it is mounted on the MH and you walk around inside, then the MH rocks slightly, well mine does anyway, is this enough to put it off its aim? Also, I noticed in its spec it says that it produces only 256 different colours for the telly. Is this not rather poor? OK for computers 20 years ago but nowadays computers use 16 million colours.
James

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.