Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
card

At the moment you can't get ITV on these systems, but if you read the thread there are links that intimate that ITV are about to break free from a sky contract.

Now folks don't forget the sale starts tomorrow. Don't forget you camping stools and your flasks. I'll be cursing if I miss out.

Ian

· Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Bought one

Bought one today, but in my haste following a web site tutorial, instead of reloading defaults, I restored manufactures defaults. So no matter what I do, its a big nothing.

My own fault, I never read instructions properly. So unless someone can rescue a a "numpty" it's on its way back tomorrow.

Ian.

· Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Manual

Hi John,

Is the PDF the same as the printed manual? I have just looked at the web site, but can only spot the drivers.

Shame you didn't live in Huddersfield. Only joking. I can only blame myself.

The trouble is there are non of the pre programmed channels showing now.

Ian.

· Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Try again

Thanks again John,

I'll have another go tomorrow. I did follow the instructions but it mentions pressing the info key and selecting the BBC. Nothing is listed now.
Do appreciate your help though.
Ian.

· Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Problems

Yesterday I emailed for help after my troubles setting up. This is the reply I got
back. :-

The following steps might help you pan the dish in:

Go into the menu, select 'Installation' - the password should be 0000 unless you've changed it - and select 'Antenna Settings'. Enter the details as follows:

Satellite: Astra 2

FTA Only: Yes

Leave the other settings.

At the bottom of the screens will be 2 percentage bars, one for the signal quality and one for the strength. Ignore the strength, the one you're looking for is quality.
Someone should stay inside and monitor the quality reading while you are moving the dish. Now set the elevation angle of the dish to 21° (use the gradient at the back of the dish) and lock it there. If there is no gradient, have your dish almost vertical, tilted back by no more than 5°. Then point your dish south east, and start making your way south, VERY slowly - move it a fraction of an inch, wait a few seconds, then repeat… There is no point in scanning all the way south as the satellite you are looking for is at a south - south east (145°) bearing. You may well need a couple of sweeps back and forth to locate the satellite. The person inside should let you know as soon as they see some quality - even if it only flashes for a half a second - as it means you're getting near or have gone over the satellite. Then use the quality to fine-tune the position of the dish. You are aiming for anything over 55% quality. When in place make sure the antenna is fixed very tightly as wind might move it and you will have to repeat the process. It will probably take you a bit of time as the dish is very small and needs to be set extremely precisely.

Once your antenna is positioned, on the same screen, select 'Start search', make sure 'Satellite' is selected and press OK. This will scan the satellite and retrieve any channel. When Astra 2 has finished scanning you can also scan for Eurobird - another satellite with 40 or so English channels that is at the same position as Astrta 2 - and the channels will be added at the end of the existing ones.
If after scanning you find that you don't have the BBCs and all the other English channels, but instead some foreign languages ones, you have locked to the wrong satellite and will probably need to move your dish to the east a little. Remember Astra 2 is at 145° so there is no need to swing the dish too far south.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.