Motorhome Facts Forum banner
21 - 40 of 80 Posts

· Registered
2,601 Posts
:D Hi fdhadi. ITV1 & 2 are still encrypted at the moment so you would not be able to view these with the Lidl System.

Hi James. Irrespective of what system you fit (unless it's an automatic in-motion system) and what motorhome/camper it is fitted to. If you walk around and the vehicle moves too much? You may lose the signal. But once you stop moving, it should lock back on to the signal again. :D

· Registered
2,601 Posts
8O On Satellite (SKY provided) some channels are encrypted. BBC went free to view some time ago. It is rumoured that ITV C4 & C5 are going unencrypted in the future. The problem is that the un-encrypted channels tend to be on the lesser powered transponders. :cry:

Freeview is Digital Terrestrial channels and you get BBC 1,2,3, Beebies etc, plus ITV 1,2,3, C4. C5 plus all the news channels and other's.

· Registered
778 Posts
oh well , never mind , wont bother getting one then , missus loves the soaps so we need proper telly ,

mega thanks for the tip though , now i can have a long lie on monday.

cheers
kenny+stella

· Registered
204 Posts
Well I've got a nice expensive Kathrein system, and the really nice man at Roadpro showed me how to tune it, and even sold me a tuner that was easier to use than the one I bought from Maplins'. The next night near Dover I got a great piccie, and loads of stations yippee!, when I next tried at Isle d' Olleron near La Rochelle, I got 5 lights, and loud 'I found it' squeaks from the tuner, but no piccie. I didn't get the bad signal or aerial not correctly fitted message, I also couldn't get a picture anywhere, so missed the Barcelona GP boo hoo. Has anyone else had this, and if so perhaps they can tell me what this old Scottish eedjit is doing wrong!
John

· Registered
669 Posts
hi frank (fdhadi)

you can only get the live premiership games at 3pm saturdays with a foreign subscription service. you need a CI (common interface) receiver and i doubt if the lidl receiver is CI.

then you need a subscription card - about £350 per annum 8O

i'm trying to set up such a system for when i go to italy for 6 months in sept. i have got the receiver and am now working on internet access which is needed (so i'm told) to update the subscription card.

mike

· Registered
417 Posts
Hi John (Giok),
You were probably pointing a the wrong satellite. Astra 1 consists of 4 satellites grouped together and then there is Asta 2 which carried most of the Freeview stuff a bit further (9deg) to the east. (19 and 28 deg repectively I think)
It is very easy to get the wrong one and way to check is to slelect RTL or other euro channels that do not exist on Astra 2 and if they work. Repoint dish, or visa versa depending ehat you are looking for.
Have not checked the above is 100% correct so I stand corrected if anyone posts differently.

· Registered
64 Posts
Satelite

I am told you need a card(free) to watch ITV, I noticed in one of the descriptions someone said there wasnt a card slot, does this system receive ITV?
To use it at home will you need a transfomer?

· Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
card

At the moment you can't get ITV on these systems, but if you read the thread there are links that intimate that ITV are about to break free from a sky contract.

Now folks don't forget the sale starts tomorrow. Don't forget you camping stools and your flasks. I'll be cursing if I miss out.

Ian

· Registered
565 Posts
Well thanks all for the advice on getting there early!! Got mine, least ways my mother in law did, she had to beat off 7 men who also were after them, they were all sold as soon as the place opened!
All I've got to do now after the wiring and minor assembly is to try to align the dish, keep an eye out cause I'll probably need help, Doh!!

· Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Bought one

Bought one today, but in my haste following a web site tutorial, instead of reloading defaults, I restored manufactures defaults. So no matter what I do, its a big nothing.

My own fault, I never read instructions properly. So unless someone can rescue a a "numpty" it's on its way back tomorrow.

Ian.

21 - 40 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.