Premium Member
28,538 Posts
Yes G I check every day.

Ray.

Reactions: GMJ

·
Premium Member
10,900 Posts
That sounds like you may be OK then Ray?

It's rubbish when a CC gets abused by someone. I had it twice in my life and it's a bit of a palaver sorting it out plus also never getting to the bottom of how it happened.

·
Premium Member
36,367 Posts
I have bought from AliExpress many times without problems, but the EU recently started charging VAT even on small purchases and that has made it a lottery. I stopped a year or more ago after ordering a 3€ hacksaw only to have the postman ask for 10 or 12 € more in duty before handing it over. Didn't pay the duty don't know where the saw went.

Everything is from China though some is imported and stored for despatch in EU countries.

It's very difficult to raise a dispute with them, harder still to win one. They won't be interested if it's about duty. They'll just point out that they aren't charging the duty.

·
Premium Member
28,538 Posts
Thanks Alan. Obviously it's no big deal for me to lose the €13.91 in total for item and original postage but it's just galling to be expected to pay 30% in duty.
Lesson learnt.

Ray.

Reactions: erneboy

·
Premium Member
28,538 Posts
Sadly because of the excessive charges when buying from UK, I had assumed this remote was being sold from a French company and therefore would not incur any import charges. How wrong I was but it was not evident that it would come from outside the EU and icur extra charges.

Ray.

• Sad

·
Premium Member
28,538 Posts
Just watched ANOTHER Panorama program on the FSA, PIA, PFA, etc. About their continued failings policing the financial companies while Andrew Baily was their chief. It was so bad they paid out $240 million in compensation and promoted Andrew Bailey Governor of the Bank of England.!!!!
While thousands lost their life savings and pensions.

Ray.

·
Premium Member
28,538 Posts
Surprise, surprise, after all the texts, e-mails, phone calls from UPS about having to pay €32 duty on a €9 remote control which I have refused. The durn thing turned up today in my post box.
So I now assume all those messages were a scam.

Ray.

• Angry
Reactions: erneboy and GMJ

·
Premium Member
10,900 Posts
Bugger me...I've only just finished spending my $12.5m from Africa when I get this email below.

How lucky am I?...

IRREVOCABLE PAYMENT ORDER VIA ATM CARD

This message is directed to you based on the letter received from the International Monetary Fund Agency (I.M.F) regarding the settlement of all outstanding Winning/ Inheritance funds to the respective beneficiaries. Now, we have actually been authorized by The International Monetary Fund (IMF) secretary general to investigate the unnecessary delay on your payment of GBP£2,500,000(Two Million Five Hundred Thousand British Pounds Only) which has been recommended and approved in your favor, and to contact you for its payment.

During the course of our investigation, we discovered with dismay that your payment has been unnecessarily Delayed by corrupt officials of the Bank who are trying to divert your funds into their private accounts. So, to forestall this, security for your fund was organized in the form of personalized ATM CARD AND ONLINE BANKING ACCESS with Personal Identification Number Code (PIN Code), and this will enable only you to have direct Control over your fund in the ATM CARD AND ONLINE BANKING ACCESS. We will monitor this payment ourselves to avoid the hopeless situation created by the Officials of the bank.

An irrevocable payment guarantee has been issued by The International Monetary Fund (IMF) on your Payment. So, we are happy to inform you that based on our recommendation/Instructions; your Winning/Inheritance fund has been credited in your favor through an ATM CARD AND ONLINE BANKING. You are therefore advice to contact:

Raymond B. Callantine
Director ATM Payment Department
(Co-operative Cathay Bank United States)
Contact Email: [email protected]
Telephone line: +1-510) 394-4751

Contact him now for the delivery of your ATM CARD AND ONLINE BANKING ACCESS. As soon as you establish a contact with him, an ATM CARD AND ONLINE BANKING ACCESS will be issued to you immediately which you can use to withdraw your funds in any Bank ATM Machine in your Country So if you like to receive your funds through this means, you are advised to contact (Mr. Hans Bruce) with the following information as stated below:

1. Your Full Name:
2. Your Receiving Address:
3. Postal Code of your Address and the country:
4. Your Age:
5. Occupation:
6. Cell/Mobile Number:
7. Alternative Email:

NOTE: You are advised to furnish Mr. Hans Bruce with your correct and valid details. Also be informed that the amount to be paid to you now is GBP£2,500,000(Two Million Five Hundred Thousand British Pounds Only). We expect your urgent response to this email to enable us monitor this payment effectively thereby making contact with Mr. Hans Bruce as directed to avoid further delay.

Yours in Services.

His Excellency, Ambassador Martin Sajdik
President.- Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC)
United Nations Organization

• Haha
Reactions: raynipper

·
Premium Member
28,538 Posts
So have you called him.?

Ray.

• Wow

·
Premium Member
10,900 Posts
I can't tell you how lucky I am. I'm getting richer by the day!!

Its mine I tell you, all mine...moo ha ha...

Dear Friend

It is with trust and confidence that i write to make this urgent business proposal to you. I was assigned by two of my colleague to seek for a foreign partner who will assist us in providing a convenient foreign account in any designated bank abroad for the transfer of Fifty two million seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars only pending on our arrival in your country for utilization and disbursement with the owner of the account.

This amount results from a deliberate inflation of the value of a contract awarded by our ministry, the Federal Ministry of Agriculture (F.M.A)to an expatriate company.the contract has been executed and payment made to the original contractor, remaining the over-invoiced amount of Fifty two million seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars only, which we want to transfer the funds out the country in our favour for disbursement among ourselves. The transfer of this money can only be possible with the help of a foreigner who will be presented as the beneficiary of the fund.

As government officials, we are not allowed to operate foreign accounts, and this is the reason why we decided to contact you. We have agreed that if you/your company can act as the beneficiary of this fund (Fifty two million seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars only)15% of the total sum will be for you for providing the account while 85% will be reserved for us.

We hereby solicit for your assistance in providing a convenient account number in a designated bank abroad where this fund would be transferred. We intend coming over there on the completion of this transfer to secure our own share of the money.

Please note that we have been careful and have made all arrangements towards the success and smooth transfer of the fund to your account before you. For security reasons and confidentiality of this transaction, we demand that you should not expose this proposal and the entire transaction to anybody.

We are putting so much trust in you with the hope that you would not betray us or sit on this money when it is finally transferred into your account. Be rest assured that this transaction is 100% risk free. If this proposal is acceptable to you,indicate your interest by sending a email to us including your bank name & address, account number,telephone number.

Note: our president Muhammadu Buhari collaborated with Ibrahim Magu as the new EFCC chairman, Economic Financial Crime Commission, Mr.Ibrahim Magu to stop the junior ranks officers from transferring funds out of the country. He sent different Cublication to many countries in the world as propaganda to discourage all government Officials from transferring funds into an overseas account to avoid and save guides the countries economy.

Apparently, so that other government officials will not benefits from these( oil windfalls venture) where he has been a culprit alone with his aides. More details about this transaction will be given to you as soon as we receive your positive respond.

Note that the particular nature of your company's business is irrelevant to this transaction. if this transaction interests you, your urgent response will be appreciated.

Yours faithfully,

Kenneth Obiora
Private E-mail:[email protected]

• Haha

·
Premium Member
28,538 Posts
Just send the cheque.

Ray.

• Haha

·
Premium Member
10,900 Posts
More dosh coming my way. Those silly people in Nigeria have been at it again: over invoicing and getting vast surpluses that they have to disperse!

This'll really help with the cost of living crisis....

Greetings ,

My apologies for intruding in your privacy. I got your contact as I search for a reputable foreigner who can assist me with a very important transaction. I am Anna Walker, Chairman, Contract Review Committee at the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Abuja, Nigeria. I would like to solicit your assistance for the retrieval and transfer of an over-invoiced sum of US$6.5Million which accrued from the surplus of the payment for a completed contract with the NNPC.

I will provide full details if you agree to work with me.

This transaction is 100% risk-free as we have all documentations necessary for the claim. However, must be treated with utmost secrecy and confidentiality. We are willing to let you have 30% of the Fund upon success.

I await your kind Response

Yours sincerely

Dr. Mrs. Anna Walker

• Haha

·
Premium Member
17,142 Posts
Received an email this afternoon from Amazon ? when pressed the forward arrow to send this email to Amazon stop-spoofing a very strange thing happened.
Maybe your email address is in there somewhere 😁
Purple Violet Rectangle Font Electric blue

·
Premium Member
28,538 Posts
Very odd but within an hour of me buying something on French Amazon today I get a scam message about delivery.
I rarely use Amazon either French or UK and maybe only once a year. But this is fishy.

Ray.

• Sad

·
Premium Member
17,142 Posts
Very odd but within an hour of me buying something on French Amazon today I get a scam message about delivery.
I rarely use Amazon either French or UK and maybe only once a year. But this is fishy.

Ray.
What do you mean a scam message Ray, my Amazon always send an email to say the article has left them then another from DHL if they are delivering to say what time to expect it and another to say when it has been delivered.

·
Premium Member
28,538 Posts
I get an e-mail suggesting I can 'track' my package (just purchased) by clicking the Chronopost link here..... Jan.
:.chrono.-poste:.-eXpress.: [email protected]

But this takes you to a bogus site asking for a small payment to complete the delivery.

Yes I get the Amazon message saying my order is in hand.

Ray.

• Angry
21 - 36 of 36 Posts