Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,882 Posts
I was chatting to a bloke in our village a few days abo. He told me he had recently been scammed out of over £5k. He has a call from "HMRC" saying that his tax return was overdue and he was likely going to jail. As it happens his tax return was overdue (he runs his own business) so he panicked and allowed them access to his computer and the rest is history.

He managed to get his money back via the bank but he was close to tears when we chatted. He is not some simpleton either: a chap in his late 30's who runs a successful business. It was just a coincidence presumably that he hadn't filed his tax return and they caught him unawares.

Tbf he was telling folks in the village whom he knows so that we don't get caught out.

·
Premium Member
10,882 Posts
I'm getting loads of junk/phishing emails at the moment related to 'winning' stuff. Hotmail have changed their Report button in Junk to a Report Phishing click tag too, so perhaps its pretty endemic.

I'm also getting the odd 'There is a fee to pay to deliver your parcel' texts as well.

What a load of sh1tbags there out there!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts