Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have I bought the Lidls Sat system and have hit a snag in that I don't have a scart socket. In a previous thread Brambles suggested to use a RF modulator so I took myself round to Maplins and found one , unfortunately its mains powered and I wanted to get away from using my invertor too much. So has anybody any ideas on how to hook this system up without a scart socket without using 240 volt:?:

· Registered
2,601 Posts
fjmike said:
Have I bought the Lidls Sat system and have hit a snag in that I don't have a scart socket. In a previous thread Brambles suggested to use a RF modulator so I took myself round to Maplins and found one , unfortunately its mains powered and I wanted to get away from using my invertor too much. So has anybody any ideas on how to hook this system up without a scart socket without using 240 volt:?:
Do you have phono Video/Audio on the TV you are connecting to? If so you can connect using a Scart to phono connection ( if you don't? ignore this). Is the modulator hard wired (direct wire into the modulator with the 240v cable)? If it does? Then you can use a cigarette plug-in Invertor (cheap). If it has a transformer to 12v or other then you can use transformer to whatever voltage is required. Lot of questions without enough information given.

· Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi thanks for the quick replies
johnsandywhite
Only have an aerial connection, The modulator that I looked at was hard wired but I wanted to not use the invertor if there was an altenative.
Buzzlightyear
it maybe me (probably is) but there is mention of scart at the bottom of the page but it then reads as if it only feed video so would this work using sat system?

Thanks

· Registered
2,601 Posts
8O A modutator works on just about any system to do with video to RF. I woud take the other one back and change it for the 12v one? 8)

· Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I haven't bought anthing yet , the people in Maplins were not that helpful. I was hopeing for something like
[web]http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=3151&productId=119283&Trail=C%24cip%3D21872.Sound%2Band%2Bvision%3EC%24cip%3D21888.Accessories%2Band%2Bbatteries%3EC%24cip%3D21889.Leads%2C%2Bconnectors%2Band%2Badaptors&categoryId=21889&clickfrom=link[/web
but that connected to an aerial. Was I hopeing too much]

· Registered
417 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.