Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(1)when laying your motorhome up for any lenth of time ,take off the numder plates, thieves cant register without this info. (2)to stop your hookup cable being stolen if off site, put two knots about 12inch apart, pass around post to hook up and paddlock the two cables together, dave .

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
:D Hi pilote1995. If you mean by removing the Number plates they can drive it away but not register it? Then there are much easier ways to stop the vehicle being taken. With regards the cable padlocking idea? MMMMMMMMM Easy to cut through, No good to them? They could always re-join it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok. then, stop in your motorhome, go nowhere and what out for thieves all day, ha,ha,ha. dave

·
Registered
417 Posts
If you have a spare mobile phone, or 2nd phone, leave hidden in van somehere switched on and select silent ring when you park anywhere for the day , say a carpark at a vistitors attraction, and if your vehicle is stolen the police or phone company can trace the area it is in from the cell information.

If you select auto answer and leave, say tucked under the dashboard you could even listen in to the crooks as they drive.

Nice to see some lateral thinking pilote - anyone else got any ideas.
Brambles.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I did say when you park up for the day :wink:
So Pilote leave on permanent charge as suggested by johnandywhite and you have a win win situation. 'cos after two weeks a crook can't start your m'home as starter battery is flat. :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Brambles said:
If you have a spare mobile phone, or 2nd phone, leave hidden in van somehere switched on and select silent ring when you park anywhere for the day , say a carpark at a vistitors attraction, and if your vehicle is stolen the police or phone company can trace the area it is in from the cell information.

If you select auto answer and leave, say tucked under the dashboard you could even listen in to the crooks as they drive.

Nice to see some lateral thinking pilote - anyone else got any ideas.
Brambles.
Someone already came up with the idea. It's a neat low cost solution. If you buy a gadget called a 'Tremblemtag' from http://www.alarm-trail.com, this will provide instant alerts if your outfit is tampered with or moved. If you also sign up with http://www.followus.co.uk, you can then track the whereabouts of your unit. At present, this only works in the UK, although I guess overseas police forces have the means to track mobiles, just as they do in the UK.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Thats a neat idea Michael, I do have a chain and padlock to secure the cab doors, but it is a bit like Marleys ghost when I come to put it on. But it does work and looks quite effective I would have thought, the padlock is a number one rather than keyed as I carri enough keys with me when walking

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.