Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Does anyone have Silver Screens for their new style Transit. The reason for asking is we bought a set for our 1998 model. Were really happy with them so on purchase of new van first thing to order new SS's.

They arrived today excellent service as ever from them. Came next day and would take our old ones under their buy back/px scheme.

However on fitting them we were really disappointed

a) The new fixing instead of round the mirrors is velcro round the door edges so would rub too much. If you leave the velcro undone and fold the mirrors it is fine apart from a large unsightly piece of velcro on the door.
b) They finish 2" above the bottom of the windscreen, the badge sits under one of the wipers.
c) They are very tight over the doors pulling the rubber seal drastically
d) The ribbons to tie round the door handles are about 6" too short

The old one we had was a 3 part blind this one is a one piece one.

Has anyone found this are the 3 way ones for new style any better fit?

Anyone tried any other makes?

Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Jana,
Yes I have Silverscreens for my new Transit.

I haven't found that the velcro rubs the door edge. It seems to work fine on mine.
I cut the door handle ties off. I couldn't be bothered tying them each time, and they flapped about too much when left.
Mine is the type where the front folds down.

A friend has Taylormade for his Transit. Instead of the velcro round the door edge, they have an elastic with a hook which clips onto the hub caps.

George

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Dodger and George

I read your posts at lunchtime at work and rang Ruth at SS's this afternoon she is going to pass my concerns onto her Dad at Newbury (hopefully he may try a set on a van there) and ring me on Monday. I have suggested for George's post that perhaps we should try the fold down ones or perhaps go and visit them to see if any adjustments could be made.

We loved the set for the previous Transit so much that we hope we can sort something out.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just to let you know we have now got our Silver Screens (set 2) seemingly when Mike tried a set from there on a Transit at the Ford dealer found they werent a perfect fit not entirely sure reason why though. Throughout he has kept us informed of progress and the new set fit wonderfully to the same standard as set for our previous transit.

If anyone has a 3 piece set and wants a "privacy panel" for a Ford Transit (Mk 3) please let me know.

I dont think you would get such service of other makers selling their own brands of Silver Screens.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.