Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I, unbeknown to my wife am doing a bit of research into upgrading our van, prior to 'sowing the upgrade seed' at the appropriate moment. We currently have a 4/5 berth van where our daughters sleep in the overhead and we sleep in the dinettte (rear bathroom and kitchen).

i have been thinking that it would be great if the girls had bunks and access to the bathroom without climbing over us, it would also mean they have their own space.

So here is the question with so many makes and models to choose from can any of you help with a pointer at a suitable Database or even suggestions of actual vans in this thread?

The spec is, in order of priority:

less than 6.5m length
4 seat belts
twin bunks (prefer adult size)
dinette bed to be 1500mm/5 ft wide or overcab to have really good height suitable for adults
forward half dinette with facing sofa and swivel front seats

Typically the Mooveo C647 seems to fit the bill... but what other options are there?

Many thanks

·
Registered
11,158 Posts
I like the one you have chosen so far plus it is on a Renault which appears to be currently a good idea. Never heard of the make build though.

·
Administrator
18,638 Posts
Nick

the continental makers are more set up for this family arrangement, so you'll probably find more Euro vans like the Mooveo (a cheap brand of Pilote, by the way). At Newbury last week, I saw at least one van with bunks - an Autotrail? - one of their 600 models?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Hi Nick,

What about an Adria 640 dk or 630 sk. They are a great motorhome with lots of extra's. The bunkbeds are 80cm wide and are 210 cm long ( full width of the motorhome). We have owned 4 Adria's and were ever so pleased with them. Changed to the Frankia for different reasons.
If you don't mind having a lefthand drive, then Germany is your country. Got a great dealer there, who is honest and very helpfull.
If you need any help, please let me know.

Kind regards

Maddie

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
or a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 64el like mine - twin bunks at the back, drop down double at the front, german build quality etc

Pick up a 3 year old one for mid 30K

David

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
b16duv said:
or a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 64el like mine - twin bunks at the back, drop down double at the front, german build quality etc

Pick up a 3 year old one for mid 30K

David
Thanks for the tip, hadn't thought about an A Class at all, but I presume the forward cab bed is of good dimensions and super comfortable so would solve the problem of having something suitable for my not insignificant frame.

Managed to find some detail on a 64E for sale up in the North West, a long way from here on the Dem/Kernow border! They have sent me some photos and it appears there are only 3 travel seats for a 4 berth van, is the 64EL the same 'b16duv'? do you have any handy photos of yours that I could see?

Cheers
Nick

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
VanManWomanTwins said:
Thanks for the tip, hadn't thought about an A Class at all, but I presume the forward cab bed is of good dimensions and super comfortable so would solve the problem of having something suitable for my not insignificant frame.

Managed to find some detail on a 64E for sale up in the North West, a long way from here on the Dem/Kernow border! They have sent me some photos and it appears there are only 3 travel seats for a 4 berth van, is the 64EL the same 'b16duv'? do you have any handy photos of yours that I could see?

Cheers
Nick
Nick,

Here is a picture of my lounge: -

If this picture doesn't appear, cut out the url and paste into your browser to see it

The small cushion in the middel lifts out, and leaves two travel seats on the left with 3 point seatbelts.

I think the 64e only has the two travel seats on the left, and the other seats - that make up the l-shaped seating are omitted.

PM me with your email address and i will send you more pictures.

David

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
b16duv said:
VanManWomanTwins said:

Cheers
Nick
Nick,

Here is a picture of my lounge: -

If this picture doesn't appear, cut out the url and paste into your browser to see it

The small cushion in the middel lifts out, and leaves two travel seats on the left with 3 point seatbelts.

I think the 64e only has the two travel seats on the left, and the other seats - that make up the l-shaped seating are omitted.

PM me with your email address and i will send you more pictures.

David
Dave, thanks again for your help, I am unable to get to see the picture, not sure if this is because it should have a '.jpg' extension in the URL on your post, or whether it is because I am a registered user rather than a subscriber.

Will PM you my email.

·
Premium Member
2007 Fiat Ducato Ace Siena 2.2 100 Multijet, Keighley, Still in Gods County.
46,632 Posts
asprn said:
VanManWomanTwins said:
do you have any handy photos of yours that I could see?
I don't, but I'm curious how you can post whilst being a non-subscriber? 8O

Dougie.
You get 5 free posts before you have to subscribe, then you can get PM's etc, and apparently see any pics, if you let your sub lapse though you don't get any more free posts.

Simples

Kev.

·
Registered
2 Posts
David,

Thanks once again for all your help, but I am only a registered user and not a subscriber, (not just a money issue, I am unable to subscribe due to the firewall systems in place within the company) and as such I have had to re-register (luckily we have had new company email addresses since I originally joined in 2005) with a new name just to be allowed to thank you for all your help! It seems that I am only to be allowed a maximum of 5 in number posts, although my original profile does indicate 23, so I guess I have been lucky!

With only 20 odd posts in 4 years I only visit the site very occasionally and suspect that I have taken more than I have given, but it is a shame that I will not be able to take part anymore! (although I do have 4 more chances!).

·
Premium Member
46,632 Posts
Bearing in mind what you just posted, I think you should subscribe if only to say thanks properly, I don't think a tenner is too much to ask considering the value you've already had, and the value you would continue to get, compared to what your MH is going to cost.

Kev.

·
Registered
471 Posts
We moved from a 5 berth to bunk beds last summer, purely for the reasons 'VMWT' stated in their opening post.

However, having experienced a year with the van I would certainly advise any one considering bunk beds to have a serious chat with the junior members first!!

We too thought that bunks would give each of them their own space...but as follows our experiences proved otherwise :(

First of all the bunks were not places where the kids could properly 'lounge'. Neither wanted to sit 'up-top' during the day and they both struggled to sit upright in the bottom bunk comfortably (8 & 10 y.o).

Lighting, power and other ways of making the bunk area 'kid-friendly' needed to be carefully planned.

Often if they wanted to sit together and play a game the bunks were a no go area and so it was back to the lounge - disrupting our peace and quiet :x

Overall we found that bunks are a good idea to give the kids their own sleeping space, but don't rely on them being utilised as an extra lounge.

We did consider twin single beds at the back, as at least with those you can sit up in the beds more comfortably and utilise the alley between the two with a fold-away table to make game playing, etc easier.

Just our thoughts on this issue to confuse you all further.... :?

·
Registered
1,632 Posts

Nick

I finally managed to put picture in!

What Imbiber said about bunks is fair enough, but I guess that bunks must come in all shapes and sizes!

My kids, 12 and 14, can both sit up in the bunks, and the bottom one especially can accomodate them both watching a dvd or playing computer game thingys.

You need to try it and see!

David

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks once again for all your advice

Kev_n_Liz said:
Bearing in mind what you just posted, I think you should subscribe if only to say thanks properly, I don't think a tenner is too much to ask considering the value you've already had, and the value you would continue to get, compared to what your MH is going to cost.

Kev.
Kev, please read my post properly before replying, my reason for not subscribing has very little to do with parting with a tenner, it is to do with firewall issues.

·
Premium Member
46,632 Posts
If I had a firewall which stopped me spending money, I could make a fortune, you should market it.

You could just turn the firewall off, or use another computer, it's not a lot.

Kev.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.