New to the forum. I am a big VW fan and have contributed many DIY projects to similar forums. Hope I can contribute in the same way here.
My first DIY will be the fitting of a power meter to our Apache 700 Sargent EC500 cupboard.
The device I have purchased is a Sonoff POW elite. This will be inserted in the wiring between the EHU (orange cable normally) and the Sargent EC500.
I will use genuine JST connectors for the insertion before the Sargent so the wiring can be reverted to factory if I ever decide to remove the Sonoff.
(There maybe a couple of holes to fill on the vertical panel if I decide to remove).
Advantages of having a power meter: -
- Real time indication of watts being consumed by MH - takes the guesswork out of consumption.
- Historical usage data for 6 months.
- Resettable kW hours of electricity used.
- Indication of incoming voltage.
- Remote control / isolation of EHU supply via mobile application.
- Scheduled on/off EHU.
- Set power limit, Sonoff will disconnect at a set power (saves embarrassing EHU MCB trips).
So, if I find the where the DIY mod pages are I will be posting progress and images.
I have already received the Sonoff and am playing with it now.
I have bought the 20A version of this: -
SONOFF POW Elite Smart Power Meter Switch is a smart switch with power monitoring. 20A max load to monitor the appliances power consumption of your whole room. You can check real-time data anytime and control appliances on/off by app. SONOFF POW Elite Smart Power Meter Switch is a smart switch...
Do I need to pay to use this forum in a meaningful way? If that is the case I may have to relocate...