41 - 60 of 115 Posts

· Premium Member
Malibu PVC
30,733 Posts
Waylet for Repsol

· Premium Member
Malibu PVC
30,733 Posts
The Waylet app I have is only in Spanish and I think I needed my NIE (Foreigners Registration Number) and a Spanish phone number to get it to work. Maybe the Cepsa one is easier.

· Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Clear blue and sunny Graham?
Oh yes...but only 13 degrees! :)

No snow problems at all on the roads.

A couple of photos from last night's campsite. Very unusual I think. Very rustic and quaint: it looks like a street in a small village in the middle of nowhere...

Sky Tire Wheel Building Tree

Sky Building Window Road surface Tree

· Premium Member
19,105 Posts
We found “Famiky fuel” to be cheaper than others,by several cents per litre.

eg this is for Zaragoz;

· Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Day 9

We have arrived at our first main stopping place. We will stay here for 10 nights.

We drove toll free all the way from our previous stopping place. Fuel was €1.689 today: the cheapest yet. In total now we have driven c.1600 miles from our home (which is around 300 miles from the Eurotunnel), so c.1300 miles to cross France and a large chunk of Spain.

First impressions are good: €18 for a 9m x 10m pitch with water on the pitch; EHU is extra at €0.55 per Kwh which will bump things up a bit. It's not an ACSI site either so no free 4Kwh each day. We opted for a large pitch at €22 a night as the 9m would have been very tight for us to get on. Toilet blocks are well appointed and new and clean; wide inner roads; free wifi; reception very friendly; and the restaurant is the nicest we have eaten at on any campsite in Spain thus far.

2 caveats if staying here: bring a printed map of how to get to the site. Our sat nav didn't know about a local Military Zone so we couldn't take a certain road initially which threw us.
Secondly the water on the pitch takes a screw in male, threaded fixing which looks like 12mm (I'll confirm that soon)...so you will need a 12mm male to a standard hozelock-type female housing.

World Ecoregion Map Line Rectangle

World Map Line Atlas Screenshot

· Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
For us it's walks on the beach and a paddle when it's warm.

The inner has a rugged beauty but a great deal of it is upland plains so can be quite nippy.

· Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
13,720 Posts
What is the inners of Spain like?
I love the interior of Spain for its wee villages n towns.

It's also great if you're an active person who likes mountain climbing/cycling etc - that's not me; I used to go off hiking on my own but have got more fearful as I got older.... what if I fall/take ill/meet unfriendly animals (which I have on the odd occasion so I'm more fearful now.)

· Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Just up the coast from one of our favourite places for a few days away.
Hope you aren't too bothered by the 'planes.
There are a lot of planes!

Fortunately they didn't start until after 8am so not too bad. I quite enjoy looking at them tbh. There was a big transport that did a training run earlier I'll try and get some photos of it if I can, when it next takes off.

For those who are confused by this, our campsite is alongside a military airfield.

Reactions: terencepaul
41 - 60 of 115 Posts