Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

With our MH we've got 2 keys but only one "zapper" the other is just a normal key. The zapper works the aftermarket alarm as well and therefore it would be handy to get another so we both can come and go.

Does anyone know how easy this is and maybe how much?

Thanks

Paul

·
Registered
734 Posts
vanny said:
Hi,

With our MH we've got 2 keys but only one "zapper" the other is just a normal key. The zapper works the aftermarket alarm as well and therefore it would be handy to get another so we both can come and go.

Does anyone know how easy this is and maybe how much?

Thanks

Paul
I've just bought an extra 'zapper' for a Scorpion alarm - £45'ish (£39.50 + VAT + carriage)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Phoned our Ford dealer to enquire about a spare key and it'll cost us about £160 coz the key has got to be coded to the vehicle (a 2007 Tranny). We haven't even got a zapper just normal keys. It's all to do with the immobilisor.

We had a customer that'd lost his keys on a 2002 transit van and it caused the guy major problems. Locks had to be replaced then the van had to go by trailer to the Ford dealer to be coded.

You may find it's not quite straight forward.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
cleo find a automotive locksmith own a bodyshop occasionally buy salvage that comes without keys fords remote keys £75 £45 standard key thats with call out and reprogramming

·
Registered
196 Posts
Will try that, thanks.

Thought we were limited to Ford only as we called on a mobile guy (who we were put onto by a contanct from Ford!) with the kit to reprogramme keys for our friend with the '02 Transit and he couldn't do it.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jezport,

Tried to get a full key and fob. Works out expensive (£160!) so fancy your Jag fob. Only thing is Ford insist it needs programming on a machine, if I have the Jag zapper can I definately code it myself?

Cheers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.