Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wonder if they'll let me on. I had assumed that if the width was under 2m with folded mirrors there would not be a problem-has anybody actual experience of travelling with them? I have a T4 vw high top conversion.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
hello Syncro

We have a ducatto which with mirrors folded is just over 2metres wide so we played safe & booked with Norfolk Line£88

However I know Don aka Ephesus on the old board recently booked with them and travelled out a few days ago. I have not heard that he had any problems He has the same van as us so I will give them a try next time.

Motorhomer

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
SidT said:
There was a post I saw, can't remember who, but they said the 2 metres were being strictly enforced and that included the mirrors.

Cheers Sid
Hello Sid T

Yes I saw that sometime ago. However I also read somewhere that was happening more at say busy times july augyust weekends.

I will wait till Don gets back & see how he got on.
BTW did you get my PM

Motorhomer

·
Premium Member
11,050 Posts
Elizabeth,

I'm sure Don won't mind me posting this:
We are in Boulogne sitting on the harbourside with a dozen other vans watching the world go by. No problems at all with Speedferries, nobody mentioned width they just had a look at the height and that was it. There were no other motorhomes on board only two high top panel vans. I asked about the new boat and it seems they won't be getting one this year, all the craft are out on contract except the ones that are too small for what Speedferries need.
I also have the same base vehicle and have travelled on Speedferries at Easter when it was jampacked. The loaders just pushed in my mirrors and guided me expertly. They ARE hot on height, though.

Dave

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
DABurleigh said:
Elizabeth,

I'm sure Don won't mind me posting this:
We are in Boulogne sitting on the harbourside with a dozen other vans watching the world go by. No problems at all with Speedferries, nobody mentioned width they just had a look at the height and that was it. There were no other motorhomes on board only two high top panel vans. I asked about the new boat and it seems they won't be getting one this year, all the craft are out on contract except the ones that are too small for what Speedferries need.
I also have the same base vehicle and have travelled on Speedferries at Easter when it was jampacked. The loaders just pushed in my mirrors and guided me expertly. They ARE hot on height, though.

Dave
Thanks Dave. I know who I will be booking with next time then. We are under the height limit. only got one of those arial & solar panel on the top.

Motorhomer

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the comments . I'll just turn up as I have already booked and hope for the best. I guess with folded mirrors the T4 may be under 2m wide. I know the width without mirrors is 1.84.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.