Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried and tested sop up as much as one can washed and dried smell still there yes, apply baking powder leave 24 hours brush off re apply brush off or vacuum try the up to the nose test if clear spray with Febreze :) better result if you can take the offending carpet into the house.

· Premium Member
18,501 Posts
I think as vinegar essence removed the smell of cats pee from one of the Navajo cushions, after first washing it out with the hose, it will also remove the milk smell.

· Premium Member
19,099 Posts
White wine vinegar and baking powder plus lots of fresh air. The vinegar smell takes a time to disperse, but can be washed away and using baking powder AFTER vinegar speeds the removal.

Yes, taking from experience when a 2l bottle fell over with a lid that was not tight……

Took time, but it did go.

· Premium Member
19,099 Posts
Also excellent for removing calcareous deposits that build upon the kettle and which lengthens how long it takes to boil. We live in an area where such deposits occur VERY rapidly - two weeks and the kettle is showing signs of being furred up, four weeks and the “auto-off” wil no longer work. White vinegar (about 159ml ) then fill up kettle, leave for 10 minutes, then boil and leave to stand for another 10 minutes. Then rinse three times to remove any vinegar trace flavour works well and the vinegar is less than 1€ for a litre, even cheaper in bulk.

· Premium Member
18,501 Posts
Blimey Dave that's a lot of work, I do my kettle every few days with a cup of water, usually what's left after I have boiled the kettle for something else like tea, in goes a splash of vinegar perhaps a desert spoon full( essig essence) boil, leave to cool, tip out, put some fresh water in, give it a whirl poor away and kettle is sparkling clean.
Or when the vinegar water is still pretty hot tip it down the shower water outlet.

Here´s one I did just for you.
Liquid Bottle Drinkware Solution Fluid
Tableware Drinkware Liquid Cup Ingredient
Kitchen utensil Audio equipment Automotive tire Gas Rim

1 - 11 of 11 Posts