Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, first of many questions i think, but see if i get off the starting blocks first (or levelling blocks :) ), i have a lwb sprinter that was professionly converted a few years ago (fridge/tv/shower/windows/garage etc) that i use half a dozen times a year for trips to europe with my race bike, i have finally persuaded my wife to try camping with me in it around the uk to start with but its lettered up with sponsors logo's etc (i'd say its very tasteful n smart but maybe a non motorsport fan would disagree ! ), getting to the point, are we likely to be turned away from any, some or most sites for this reason of its appearance ?

thanks
Phil

G

·
Years ago the Caravan Club used have a ban on "commercial vehicles" using their sites, but I do not know what criteria is used nowadays. I would think that any commercial sites will probably just take your money and look happy. CL and CS type sites will probably not care what colour your van is. You are always likely to run into a jobsworth who will interpret the site rules to suit their own purposes.

I guess you will just have to try it and see.

Tco

·
Registered
633 Posts
As Groucho said, I wouldn't want to be a member of a club that allowed me to be a member, or something like that. Would you want to be on a site snooty enough to do that? :roll:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the rapid replies so far, here's a couple of pics, sorry about the quality i used my phone and i think the lens was covered in dust, it is really clean usually (take no notice of the name and year on the van but thats basically how it looks)....not ott me thinks :D

hope i don't sound really thick but what do cl & cs stand for ? :oops:

cheers

Phil

Attachments

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
Looks ok to me and would not bother me being next to you on a site.

CS and CL are Caravan Club and Caravan and Camping club certified sites which can only have a max of 5 vans on. A lot are on Farms or Pubs ETC. Good value but basic facilitys.

Richard...

·
Premium Member
9,469 Posts
Oh no!! Look at the size of that radio ariel!!

·
Premium Member
23,180 Posts
I expect it would depend entirely upon the level of "jobsworthiness" of the particular warden!

I also suspect you would have less problems with the C&CC than the CC.

Doubt if owners of CL's or CS's would even notice.

There's only one way to find out, but have a backup plan in case of a refusal. If a fully paid up jobsworth says "No", there's no power on earth will ever persuade him (or her) to change their mind. 8O 8O

Dave

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.