Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you know, we are regulars at travelling to Italy and do as much as we can toll free.

This time, we decided to go over the Pass rather than through the tunnel.

Pass photographs

Apologies the pics are not great - my mate had not used my camera before and he tried his best when we were on the move.

Russell

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Gotthard Pass, we are staying in Interlaken with our motorbike in three weeks time

how would we pick up the pass, I know you have done the area often, can you help us please Russ.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Like this, you mean?

If you are heading North from Italy, and there are signs warning of queues at the tunnel, make sure you come off before the Ambri Airport. Here: 46.497863, 8.731518 and onto the old road.

I ignored the queue warnings and queued from the Airport all the way until the next junction at Airolo where I could get off and go up over the pass.

It took over 2 hours!! When the tunnel is busy, they use traffic lights to control how many vehicles can enter the tunnel, and they only let a dozen or so in at a time.

Morph

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.