Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have just got back from 7 weeks in France. I have not been able to get to a wifi connection to reply to the answers from my last post.
The Aire which is now closed is the one in the All The Aires of France book ST Tropez car park to the rear of the marina.
There is no chance whatsoever at getting through the bus lane to get on the car park they will NOT let you through. The other 2 Aires at Pampelone are still open but are a long way out.
We stopped at a site across the bay at Grimaund, Camping Mures right on the beach drinking water, showers, etc ect. there is no club on the beech site but there is on main Good bike path to St Tropez and St Maxime Their were 3 things wrong with the site 1 the road noise but the views outway that, 2 the price £35 a night but if you have the ACSI book it is only £15 all in, 3. unfortunately there was a Harley Davidson week on that started last Thursday the guys with the bikes started to arrive last Monad they were expecting a lot attending, the bikes were wonderful the blokes were great but the music was Loud and they were about a 1/2 mile away on another site.
As we left we noticed a build of of MH and caravans in the area I haven't been there in the main months of summer but I can see that Mh are getting to be a problem, during the bank holiday the Italians invaded and they were everyware most were fine but a few were on car parks which did not allow campers , next year there will be height restrictions on them.

·
Registered
15,865 Posts
Camping

Hello,

There is an Aire at Ste. Maxime, maybe two. Also there is another not so good on the main road at Grimaud/St. Pons Les Mures.

However, there are the three main campsites along the beach. Camping Des Mures, Praries De La Mer and Camping De La Plage.

Behind at St. Pons Les Mures is Naiades< Click

There are also a few more dotted around the back of Grimaud, cannot think of all the names right now.

ST.Tropez.

The best way to visit St, Tropez from any of the above campsites is to get a boat accross the Golf De St. Tropez from Le Capatiniere in Port Grimaud. You can either walk or get a water Taxi (The tourist one not residents) from the small square in Port Grimaud. No parking to worry about and a pleasant crossing of the bay coupled with a Mini Cruise of the Port Grimaud Canals.

If you want a nice aire camping car, look no further than here........

Click here> and scroll down to Cavaliere Aire

Thanks for the info!

Trev

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Aire at Grimaund has aout 6 travelling families by the side of it, they are getting electric by climbing the fence to the side and hooking up to the camp site.
The Aire at St Maxime which is on main road back to the motorway, a couple we met were broken into while they were in bed a week last Satuday

·
Registered
15,865 Posts
Robbed

petepub said:
The Aire at Grimaund has aout 6 travelling families by the side of it, they are getting electric by climbing the fence to the side and hooking up to the camp site.
The Aire at St Maxime which is on main road back to the motorway, a couple we met were broken into while they were in bed a week last Satuday
We were robbed on a campsite while we were away for the day. Was all returned the next day mind all neatly piled up at the back of the van I took a good long Continental stare at everyone who walked past the next day.

Eventualy I said to Mrs TeeMyob

"it was him"
"What makes you say that?" came the reply
"I just think it is him"

He walked past again and I pointed to him. Within 10 mins he came over with humble apologies. Meanwhile Mrs TeeMyob mutterd to herself and walked away.

First time we have ever had anything nicked on a campsite.

Trev

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.