Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Can anything be done to improve the performance of the Status 315 omnidirectional aerial?

I thought it was just mine, and I checked the wiring and fixings but found nothing untoward. I contacted the company who assured me it was the best thing since sliced bread

I then trawled the internet and found a wave of disgruntled users.

Surely it's not meant to be this bad?

·
Registered
633 Posts
I wouldn't think they're meant to be bad but they sure are. Terrible things, I get a good picture using a Status Compact and if I change over to my 315 I sometimes get no signal at all! :x

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So if they are so bad, why do Status still make them, and the motorhome dealers still fit them?
Can't be good for anyone. Bad kit like this 'P's' people off and ruins reputations.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I phoned Status:

Grade UK Limited
Finch Close
Lenton Lane Industrial Estate
Nottingham
NG7 2NN
Telephone 0115 986 7151

and explained the problem with mine:
-no signal / channels through the arial / booster, even in strong signal area.
-a few channels available if plugged direct to tv (bypassing booster).
-red led only on if coax plugged into tv & tv 'on'.

They said it sounded faulty and asked me to return it for evaluation, and possible replacement under warranty.

I explained I didn't have receipt, as it was fitted on MH when I bought it (didn't mention MH is 4yrs old though, they may have assumed it was new).

Anyway, I sent it off to the above address, with the returns number they gave me; to see what happened...

Yesterday I recieved a brand new unit by post. Result. Nice one Grade UK.

All I need to do now is see if it actually works now; will post back once I know.

The guy I dealt with was Harvey Morecroft; who was most helpful.

Might be worth a try?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.