Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As site wardens we see some really strange things but what have you seen?

Here is a taster:
A Full Size Water Butt
The Au Pair - Holidays can be very stressful we were told
Snow Ski's when its summer in the UK

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
AndrewandShirley said:
As site wardens we see some really strange things but what have you seen?

Here is a taster:
A Full Size Water Butt
The Au Pair - Holidays can be very stressful we were told
Snow Ski's when its summer in the UK
Simples

The water butt is in case Summer '09 is same as Summers '07 and '08.

The au pair - we won't go there but you obviously run a high end camp site.

Ski's are for water skiing on top of water butt. 8O

SDA

·
Registered
633 Posts
Grizzly said:
A family next to us at Clumber Park unloaded a complete set of blow up furniture - bright blue sofa, 2 armchairs, 4 foot stools- from their car and blew it up. It looked very comfortable and quite practical but didn't half look peculiar in their awning !

G

This sort of thing:
Strangely nice however. 8)

·
Registered
17,771 Posts
Bits and bats

Hi

I am not on holiday as such, but I do have on board

Full sized Hoover
Ironing board - usually used outside in warm weather - for skiing maybe?
Saw
Sledge hammer
Axe
Spade
Pruners
and not unusual, but the old faithful bucket.

Russell

·
Registered
11,158 Posts
A much older couple for wife swapping duties.
A dog whose head end was impossible to establish. (Same van)
A cat

·
Premium Member
27,814 Posts
Some years ago we went to visit several friends living in the Dordogne. We drove our almost new 34ft. Winnebago towing a car.
This obviously drew a fair amount of interest when we parked up at sites.
But these same friends asked if we could bring some plants and trees from UK as they wanted a bit of old England in their garden.

You can imagine the comments when my wife unloaded all these plants in pots and a few trees and started to water them. :lol: 8O

We naturally enough were asked if we always brough the garden on our travels? :x :D

Ray.

·
Registered
18,303 Posts
Hi Grizzly did you enjoy Clumber Park?
We live about 7 miles away.

Our son used to call it cucumber park.

My wife takes 2 sets of hair curlers ,kettle , cofee small iron and 3 weeks supply of clothes. All for 1 week on what she calls aeroplane holidays.

Dave P

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
50" plasma TV in the back of a Trigano.... !!

Someone at work heard I was going to Spain and could I "drop off this TV in Madrid" while I was passing !!!
It fitted in alright but a right pain when I wanted Tea or Pee.... :D

·
Registered
15,161 Posts
DTPCHEMICALS said:
Hi Grizzly did you enjoy Clumber Park?
We live about 7 miles away.
Yes, we did thanks. I'm not exactly an every day cyclist but it was great to be able to cycle along all the tracks, round the lake and the tea rooms, Victorian kitchen garden , Lime Walk and the remains of the house without getting run over ! We even managed some serious off-roading. It was a lovely unstuffy relaxed place and it was impressive how it managed to absorb so many people without any feeling of being crowded. The very nice man at the NT bike hire/ shop place oiled and tightened bits of my bike and managed to stop a horrible squealing noise and would not even charge us for this.

The campsite is very good too.

Lucky you living close by.

G

·
Registered
289 Posts
Strangest things people bring on holiday

Hey - I've just come back from Clumber Park too, via the Cotswolds. It was the farthest I've been from home in the van and definitely worth it - a great place for cycling and walking. I took my pot of basil with me and put in on the dash when parked - playing at being a tugger, they always seem to have a lamp, a bowl of fruit or flowers in their windows (and they have their evening meal really, really early).
Vita

·
Registered
15,161 Posts
Re: Strangest things people bring on holiday

Vita said:
I took my pot of basil with me and put in on the dash when parked -
Our (Tesco) Basil has just travelled round Europe with us and is now sitting, a little yellow and battered, with the rest of the herbs in the garden and telling them traveller's tales.

He travels in the sink at the back and, we're sure it's not just imagination, but as we were passing through Genoa, he was craning towards his cousins on the hillsides. When we're stopped he sits in the bike basket on the back or beside the back door. When there are only 3 of us that speak English on the journey ( safariboy, me and TomTom) he does tend to get treated like one of the party and talked to which has brought us some funny looks....

Mad ? Moi ?

G

G

·
Registered
753 Posts
I did see what i thought was a peculiar habit, during a lovely summer - skies were blue, warm night s etc.

Some guy turned up, pitched, and then got out some huge rachet straps, threw them over the roof of his motorhome and proceeded to strap it to the ground?

I wasn't aware of any hurricane warnings! lol! Did rasie an eyebrow - but i guess he didn't like his van rocking!

·
Registered
13,478 Posts
We always put the strap on as the wind can get up in the night and we have seen the damage it does when the awning is wrapped over the top of the M/H.
It ripped the side of a Hymer out well, almost and did a lot of damage to the roof. Our friend now puts his awning in every night no matter what the weather.

·
Premium Member
27,814 Posts
Good point Mavis.
I have lost count of the times I have been woken up at the first shake of the awning and had to go out in bare feet and frilly knickers to stow it away.
Usually in the rain and wind by then.

Ray.

·
Registered
13,478 Posts
raynipper said:
Good point Mavis.
I have lost count of the times I have been woken up at the first shake of the awning and had to go out in bare feet and frilly knickers to stow it away.
Usually in the rain and wind by then.

Ray.
:lol: :lol: do you iron your frilly knickers, I cant bare to see a creased thrill sorry spelling mistake --frill.

See these things are sold for a reason so use them :lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.