Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Hi both,

We shall be there,it is quite a good show if the weather is kind it will be busy,they have free bus in and out of Stratford too.

We have not booked will be in general area,i was hopeing to have pennants ready for this show but some cheques have still not arrived 8O :cry:

·
Registered
46 Posts
In my opinion the Stone leisure shows are not as good as the Warners shows. In the past there has never been many accessory stalls but there are a reasonable amount of vans there, on the upside Stratford is nice to visit & apart from the bus to Stratford they used to have a free sightseeing bus trip around the area. There is a footpath along the river to Stratford just over a mile. The Stone leisure shows normally have a fireworks display on the Saturday night.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Hi Kontiki,

Glad you have brought the firework display up,can someone tell me why they waste our money on fireworks,they know maybe 75% of people have pets in the vans.

We move off the site on Saturday night and park up the road,we have our dog and parrot.I for one would rather get in a fiver cheaper.I think Warners shows have stopped it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
We were there last year & I thought that the firework display was too close to some of the vans, I got hit by the casing off a firework & I saw a few people brushing them off their vans. I remember talking to somebody with a stall there & he said the reason there weren't many small stall holders there was the high cost, it would be better to drop the fireworks & free buses etc. & reduce the cost for the small vendors to encourage more of them.
Won't be going this year as we are going to Lickhill Manor with [web:bbeeec8076]http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/rally/lickhill2005.asp[/web:bbeeec8076]

·
Premium Member
8,287 Posts
Hi Richard

Stratford show is better than Driffield but not much, the area is loverly though, we live 8 miles form the show so we only go for the day which is just enough really to get round the show and have a meal in the van, wouldnt want to stay any longer unless you want to go round and about there.
The best Stone Leisure show at Shepton in September IMOP
Marys not letting you loose on you own is she lol

Kontiki
The rally at Lickey manor looks good we may pop along to that for a few days if the weather is ok on our way back from Brean.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Had a good time last year at Lickhill Manor, the rally field is next to the river which I think could present problems if there is a lot of rain. There is a nice walk along the river Severn to Stourport.

·
Registered
980 Posts
:lol: We will be going if all goes well - going up to Derbyshire to Regal to have our MH re-upholstered prior to the show but as we are self-emplyed, if any work comes in we may not make the show but certainly hoping to!!
Hymmi - how I agree with what you said about fireworks!! :roll: Ana xx

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.