Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have decided that we need to use our rear roof bars for our first trip abroad in a VW Trident (T4). Should we shell out on a fixed rear ladder or buy a decent telescopic one .?
Which "Brand" would you recommend for either and if we went for a telescopic what height do you suggest? also are there scatched paintwork issues??

Harry

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
We used a telescopic ladder when we had our Trigano Tribute, so that we could access from the side of the van.

Got it from price-drop tv at about half normal price, and it is useful with the present van for getting on the roof etc.

To avoid scratches I use that cheap pipe insulation stuff - it comes ready split, so about 6" can be taped round the top of the ladder.

Worked great for us.

Paul

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
I have the telescopic ones also. they have been brilliant. They do need to be oiled regularly though. I didn't want the fixed ones on the back of my van for security reasons.

Karl

·
Registered
108 Posts
ladder

Hello, we have the telescopic ones from Lidl and have found them really good, remember if you buy this type of ladder then they can also be used away from the MH so multi use, I did not want a fixed ladder for security and the general look of them, but each to their own.

Cheers. Bill.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.