Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I correct in thinking that you can only use tesco vouchers for Euro Tunnel, as I have seen no mention wether they may be used on the dover - france ferry service! :roll:

Thanks Alan

·
Registered
765 Posts
AlanandJean said:
Am I correct in thinking that you can only use tesco vouchers for Euro Tunnel, as I have seen no mention wether they may be used on the dover - france ferry service! :roll:

Thanks Alan
I don't think you can use them directly for other ferries to France - but I'm sure there was a thread on here 3 or 4 weeks back suggesting that you can exchange them for Airmiles which you can then use to buy tickets on other ferries. Also that you can sell them on eBay for (typically) twice their face value and then use the cash for cheaper ferry crossings? I think the thread is here

·
Registered
15,865 Posts
Wrong

Wrong

Stena, P&O Irish, Irish Ferries and a few others.

P&O North Sea used to take them which was great as Hull Zeebrugge is our preference. They used to take them for Dover Calais and The Bilbao route too until November, 2007.

Trev

Link Below

Tesco Deals

·
Registered
15,865 Posts
Tesco

Indeed as I mentioned.

I just booked 1 way out via Harwich to Hook up to 10M motorhome, family outside cabin (for 5). £260 + £10 booking fee. £270 Total.

Trev

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
Solwaybuggier said:
Also that you can sell them on eBay for (typically) twice their face value and then use the cash for cheaper ferry crossings?
Aren't Tesco Ferry/Eurotunnel vouchers non-transferrable now?

·
Registered
17,771 Posts
Tesco

Hi

you can sell Tesco vouchers on Ebay but the buyer must tell you what deal they want them converting into.

However, note the following.

Tesco vouchers are worth four times there face value on deals - such as the tunnel. £40 Tesco voucher is worth £160 in the tunnel.

Tesco vouchers usually sell for twice their face value on Ebay.

Tesco vouchers are worth their face value in Tesco.

Tesco vouchers are worth double their face value on wine, gardening and a few others in store.

I was going to use my £40 voucher for the tunnel crossing costing £146, but instead paid P&O £75 cash for a return crossing, and bought a lot of wine in Tesco. Some of the wine was £8 per bottle - three for a tenner.

Given the tunnel prices seem on the up - I could not even find a £61 one way, it is likely to be better overall value to either sell the vouchers or double their face value in certain departments in store.

Russell

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
You can use Tesco vouchers for Hook of Holland. We have. Booked 1 way for 7m motorhome end of July with outside cabin £148 but free with Tesco vouchers. Was going to come back via tunnel but has to be return if using vouchers.

CHRIS

·
Premium Member
11,414 Posts
Re: clubcard deals

Frantone said:
With regard to the transferability (is there such a word?)
Vouchers are non transferable but the Deal Tokens are not user specific.
TonyP
If you have seperate accounts as we do, as long as both users addresses are the same (ie husband and wife), then vouchers from both accounts can be pooled and converted to deal tokens.

We used our last batch for Harwich - Hook and a very pleasant crossing it was indeed :)

Pete

·
Registered
17,771 Posts
Ferry

Hi

Be careful though - some of this deal as not as good as it once was.

£40 of Tesco vouchers are worth £160 in tunnel tokens.

£40 of Tesco vouchers are worth £80 in store at Tesco on wine.

A P&O Dover - Calais crossing can be as little as £60 cash - approx £4 cheaper still if you book through the CCC.

Russell

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.