Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I believe (or rather hope!) we am ready to do a full test import of the old forum posts tomorrow night. There are a few things that need to be done before we do this (you may see some additional empty forums created tomorrow) but we are pretty much ready to go.

I would like to ask a favour of some members that were registered before the server crashed. Once we have done the test import I think it would be a good idea if a few people had a browse round the forums in the test site to make sure everything looks ok before we do it for real.

If you are interested in spending a little time tomorrow night (Friday) testing the er... test site please drop me a pm and I'll send out the website address tomorrow once we are ready.

If all goes ok then we will make another announcement letting everyone know when we will do this for real (more than likely a quiet spot over the weekend). While we are doing it for real we will point the website at the temporary database so that the site is still up but any posts during that time will be lost when we switch back to the real database. (the import shouldn't take more than a few hours hopefully)

Also, a quick reminder to make sure that the email address in your account settings matches the one you used on the old site to make sure your old posts still have your name on them! If you are unsure i will try and be around for most of tomorrow to confirm any details if needed.

Many thanks!

Stuart

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.