Motorhome Facts Forum banner
121 - 140 of 172 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
How can anyone deny she was a remarkable woman, so far I haven´t heard anyone who knew her or met her say anything bad about her, probably more famous than any of the world leaders.
If you must keep up the arguing can you do it on a new thread please because it looks as if you have frightened a few people away from this one.
I have not seen anyone deny that she was a remarkable woman.But if you imagine that to be the case then there will be an argument.........about something that hasn't actually happened.

I have seen before how posters try (perhaps unintentionally) to "close" others down by insinuating that YOU are frightening people away from this thread because YOU are arguing with what I am saying.

·
Premium Member
36,475 Posts
How do you find out what it is that you can't change? Would that be by trying and failing and if it is does one failure mean that all subsequent attempts will also fail?

For an idea to gain support does it not need to be examined and explained over and over again so more people see it and consider it?

How does change come? How did women get the vote or how was homosexuality legalised? Weren't both ideas fiercely resisted to start with? How would it have gone if people had just shrugged and decided that the status quo would prevail?

Reactions: greygit

·
Premium Member
17,252 Posts
Ooh I do love to see how I can still stir men up, but it used to be a different kind of stir. :giggle:
I´ll just let you usuals keep stirring, I have said my bit, now I´ll sit back and let you carry on.🙊

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
Ooh I do love to see how I can still stir men up, but it used to be a different kind of stir. :giggle:
I´ll just let you usuals keep stirring, I have said my bit, now I´ll sit back and let you carry on.🙊
Oh it must be such fun to feel so powerful.
If you want to just pop in, stir things up and sit back, can I suggest that you start your own thread and let the discussion carry on here.
It's a good job women in the past didn't just sit back and let the men carry on.

Reactions: greygit

·
Premium Member
36,475 Posts
Please help me to understand Jan.

Am I being accused of stirring things up because I have politely disagreed with some of what you've said?

·
Premium Member
17,252 Posts
I think your all doing a great job. I have already said I leave it up to you, I know a woman will never be allowed to have the last word.
and Peter I did not just pop in, I think you will find I am at the beginning of the thread before it started to get so silly I was just trying to keep this thread on track, unfortunately it has now gone completely off the rails.
I will now depart from this thread until its back on track, I refuse to be drawn in to satisfy your superiority the way Sandra always did.

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
Just watching the groups coming together for the Procession.
Wow what a show..........there are some things we are still GREAT at doing.

·
Premium Member
5,604 Posts
I have managed to avoid all of it thank goodness. Another big advantage of moving to another country:)

• Sad
Reactions: GMJ and raynipper

·
Premium Member
28,629 Posts
Each to his own but my wife has it on all waking hours and recorded.

Ray.

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
I do love watching a bit of pomp.....................happy to see that Boris just missed out and has to sit with the other hasbeens.

Reactions: raynipper

·
Premium Member
17,252 Posts
🤩if you don’t watch how will you know when it’s near the end 😁
I‘m so pleased I watched as soon as Peter mentioned it, not for just the sight, but for the sound as well, absolutely beautiful.

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
I have sometime wondered about what kind of funeral I would like...............but now I know.o_O
I am glad you are enjoying the spectacle......................but each to their own.
No point commenting or feeling sorry for those who choose not to watch.
It's wasting time on those things we cannot change.

·
Premium Member
17,252 Posts
Did you happen to notice the most uplifting hymn ‘Love divine‘ written by Charles Westley the brother of John Westley the founder of the Methodist church. Just thought I’d mention it.
Again it all looks wonderful in the sunlight.

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
Is that the one that sounded like "Shine on you crazy diamond"

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Did you happen to notice the most uplifting hymn ‘Love divine‘ written by Charles Westley the brother of John Westley the founder of the Methodist church. Just thought I’d mention it.
Again it all looks wonderful in the sunlight.
It's Wesley Jan.

121 - 140 of 172 Posts