Motorhome Facts Forum banner
141 - 160 of 172 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,217 Posts
IMO the whole event, from her sad death onwards, has been managed superbly, from Balmoral onwards the public has been included and the devotion clear.

The service today was brilliant EXCEPT for the overhead camera over the coffin - so far away as to be virtually indistinguishable IMO. That was a BBC failing, of which there have been a few over the last ten days.

Her passing is a sad loss for the entire world, but the ceremonies that have followed reflect brilliantly on how well Britain can use its traditions and coordinated military drill in a manner that few other countries can even approach, let alone equal.

Well done Britain !

·
Premium Member
28,629 Posts
Was it a BBC camera Dave as all channels had the same 'feed'?

Ray.

·
Premium Member
23,217 Posts
No idea, I was just watching BBC, so I can blame them……. Cameras probably centrally organised like the Olympic coverage - the BBC usually chooses what it shows, if that was the only camera feed, OK, but IMO, it was poor quality coverage FOR THOSE BITS, otherwise it was good coverage, again IMO.

·
Premium Member
17,252 Posts
It isn’t finished yet, now watching as they approach Windsor Castle, just as colourful one horse just misbehaved 😀, but his rider soon got him under control, the amount of people there, amazing, packed along a 3 mile long walk.
Sky show different shots to BBC so not th3 same cameras.

·
Premium Member
28,629 Posts
As I got tired of Hugh Edwards my wife went to ITV and I'm on Sky. Much the same except for the commentaries.

Ray.

Reactions: Penquin

·
Premium Member
32,173 Posts
Yes it's been exceptional. However once again what is wrong with people? Thousands of morons holding aloft their mobile phones. I can't think of anything more disrespectful. What's the point anyway? All it will be online for the rest of time. They should be tried for treason. 🤬

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
As I watched I wondered who he ? who she? Is that old man really President of the US ?
I learnt one unknown was Peter Philips the Queens oldest grandchild.That led me to researching the line of succession and there he was at 17 along with Savannah,August,Siena and Isla.
But far more interesting was the link to the behaviour of his father Mark and his love child which he refuses to acknowledge.
But must take a break as been watching all day.Excellent coverage and no exceptions.

·
Premium Member
28,629 Posts
Been on display a week. Gotta go sometime.

Ray.

·
Premium Member
23,217 Posts
But what a superb day as a reflection of a stupendous realm. If Charles is half as good, he will deserve praise.

She has inspired so many people, me included. Hard to see Charles’ lip quiver as they started the final National Anthem.

What a truly unforgettable day.

Thank you Elizabeth for your service and support. She may have “gone up a Princess” at Treetops in 1952, but she certainly “came down a Queen”.

·
Premium Member
17,252 Posts
I am certainly glad I was able to watch it, I skipped from when they left London and caught up again at Windsor. Yet another service for the family tonight apparently.
Gone but never forgotten.

·
Premium Member
11,395 Posts
But what a superb day as a reflection of a stupendous realm. If Charles is half as good, he will deserve praise.

She has inspired so many people, me included. Hard to see Charles’ lip quiver as they started the final National Anthem.

What a truly unforgettable day.

Thank you Elizabeth for your service and support. She may have “gone up a Princess” at Treetops in 1952, but she certainly “came down a Queen”.
Good point well made.

Terry

·
Premium Member
15,937 Posts
Just seen the highlights on the 10pm news. Quite a show! If there is truth in the adage so beloved of monarchists. That the cost of our monarchy is more than off set by the income from the Tourism it and Its associated pomp and ceremony generate.

The country is headed for a boom.

Reactions: Penquin and erneboy

·
Premium Member
36,475 Posts
Rectangle Font Parallel Magenta Circle

Even if elected by a tiny number of wealthy right wingers mainly from the home counties.

Reactions: greygit

·
Premium Member
23,217 Posts
View attachment 98610

Even if elected by a tiny number of wealthy right wingers mainly from the home counties.

Looking at the outcome of many recent elections is a VERY good reason why Trappist comments are plain naive.

At least both of the two organisation he slates are consistent, honest and respectful.

Very few political parties could be labelled as such, the Tories are NEITHER and that is a matter of record, not faith.

·
Premium Member
17,252 Posts
Yesterday was the first time I wished I had a bigger TV I thought it was absolutely wonderful and look forward to the coronation.
Someone said these arrangements began in 2005. I imagine it was shown on TV in every country of the world and I am sure it not only caused a few wobbly chins, but the spectacle was also enjoyed immensely, the discipline, colour, music, sound of marching boots to the drum, I would love to know how much each person would need to contribute to cover the cost of watching, probably not as much as a cinema ticket considering most of the people taking part would have been paid if they were at the funeral or not.
All the spectators lining the streets, not just people from London, but all over the country and the world, they were 30 or more people deep in places I heard the commentator say.
However there will always be those who criticise or make un called for remarks, after watching yesterday and a few days prior, something that nobody has every witnessed before on such a grand scale, dignitaries being flown in from the other side of the world to witness the funeral of an English monarch, common people travelling miles by road or air, something we, well most of us, will never see again, I am very pleased to say I saw it all 1,000 miles away on my TV.

·
Premium Member
36,475 Posts
I think we can safely say that Johnson was elected by the electorate as a whole Dave, firstly as an MP and secondly as PM in 2019.

I'm afraid I don't see how pointing that out can be considered naive.

Judging things to be consistent, honest and respectful is subjective. You say one thing while I'd be inclined to be a little less fulsome since I think both institutions have failings.

·
Premium Member
23,217 Posts
Yes, both have failings but in general their failings do not drive the entire U.K. into a policy of isolationism and far right tendencies. The Church’s failings have been well documented,

If you want a really depressing exposure of the Bishop Bell failings - of which there were VERY many and many chances to stop his depravity, watch these, but be warned they are not easy to watch.

I am sure we are all well aware of the Monarchy’s failings over Diana, Andrew, Harry to mention just three. These three alone all reflect very badly on the individuals involved.

But, in neither case was the public at large damaged. Bishop Bell damaged MANY individuals, true, but not the entire Country as some Politicians have done over eg Energy prices, CoVid, EU, the economy.

141 - 160 of 172 Posts