Motorhome Facts Forum banner
161 - 172 of 172 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,629 Posts
Careful Dave or the 'thought' police will be along to shout you down. And thats only the tip of the iceberg.

Ray.

Reactions: Penquin

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
Pray who are the "thought police" who are going to come along and shout him down.
I have never seen anyone on here defending or speaking up for the Church regarding abuse allegations or indeed speaking up for the Church in general.
If you say something often enough, pathetic paranoia can become part of your life.

·
Premium Member
23,217 Posts
My goodness, I have just watched both Dave, very interesting shocking to hear the whole story that I only knew a fraction of before.
Agree, but he was above question, he was a Bishop and therefore second only to God……

WRONG

He was a very nasty, depraved predator on young boys., a vile person who should have been called out years ago, sadly no-one believed the young boys…..

Children do not lie, they should be believed until it is proven incorrect. What they say should be taken at face value.

That was totally ignored because of who he was.

That is the basis on which I have always worked, as a teacher, a parent, and now in my Safeguardingrole within the Church. It is not my role to question children, that is the job of a professional and my mishandling of questioning a youngster could easily destroy the chance to put any such a vile person where they deserve to be - “at His Majesty’s pleasure” for a VERY long time.

·
Premium Member
17,252 Posts
Agree, but he was above question, he was a Bishop and therefore second only to God……
WRONG
put any such a vile person where they deserve to be - “at His Majesty’s pleasure” for a VERY long time.
But he was not the only one and I don´t suppose the last.
I noticed while his victims were talking about him they still used his Christian name, Peter.

·
Premium Member
36,475 Posts
Careful Dave or the 'thought' police will be along to shout you down. And thats only the tip of the iceberg.

Ray.

Will someone do me a favour please.

I haven't noticed this shouting down, all I see is counter points and reasoned argument against some views.

Perhaps someone would be kind enough to point out a few examples of shouting down.

·
Premium Member
28,629 Posts
Will someone do me a favour please.

I haven't noticed this shouting down, all I see is counter points and reasoned argument against some views.

Perhaps someone would be kind enough to point out a few examples of shouting down.
#40 · Sep 9, 2022

Just show some respect Ray, we ask no more than that. I believe it is the least you can do.

As we say in Glasgow: Shut yer gob for once in yur life. Show some respect.

·
Premium Member
36,475 Posts
Thank you Ray. I missed that. I'd been trying to avoid that thread knowing that my views, even though completely respectful of the late Queen, would not be welcome. I do see what you mean. Your comment was not disrespectful of the Queen.

Reactions: raynipper

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
Ray is right that there are some angry and rather aggressive individuals.It's not thought police it was just an aggressive and unneccessary comment.But you should direct your comments at them Ray....it's happened before.

To wait 10 days and then pop it in just as Alan is in a difference of opinion with Dave is just unneccessary stirring. There are some on here who think that anyone who disagrees with them is part of the "thought police" or a brigade or a clique.I don't think you are one.

But I believe this kind of comment is just a more subtle,less aggressive way of shutting people up. Next comes being "forced to withdraw" from the thead (or even the Forum). It's too argumentative here because "YOU won't agree with what I am saying"

·
Premium Member
28,629 Posts
I didn't feel the need to respond Peter until Alan asked. I was not popping it in or trying to stir anything up. It was just part of the 'discussion'. Nothing to do with Dave either.

Ray.

• Helpful
Reactions: Webby1
161 - 172 of 172 Posts