Motorhome Facts Forum banner

The Queen has died.

6K views 171 replies 17 participants last post by  JanHank 
#1 ·
I watched her Coronation and I may see her demise - it's been a long time and I feel privileged to have known her – albeit from afar.

Style Headgear Headpiece Monochrome Monochrome photography

See less See more
#3 ·
Blimey can you imagine the fuss that will be made if she snuffs it! Mind you a gift to Tories as no one will be looking them and their disastrous way of running the country by keeping the rich as they are and starving the poor. Viva the revolution!

#4 ·
Yeah, as they have been known to say before "A good day to bury bad news".

Ray.

#6 · (Edited)
It had to happen at some time, very few people survive life…..

The message is concerning, the mass migration of Royals except Kate and Meghan perhaps leads to suspicion and reading between the line.

I would not be surprised to wake up tomorrow to King Charles III - not the best for my choice.

At least she saw, heard and understood the 70 Jubilee pageant. There must be concerns that she has suffered a major event for such a statement of concern to be issued, they generally underplay everything.

#8 ·
Thankfully he is without Meghan.

Here in Derbyshire there have been reports of someone on a broomstick passing overhead in the direction of Scotland.

Could be getting close to Richmond shortly.

Keep your eyes open ......

#11 ·
Perhaps the OP @KeithChesterfield might consider renaming the thread (if that's possible) to something a bit more suitable.This is likely to be the thread where all the thoughts and messages are posted.
Totally unneccessary comment about Meghan

Reactions: Glandwr
#12 ·
Totally unneccessary comment about Meghan

In your opinion ....

#13 ·
Well done changing the title............................by the way everything I post on here is "only my opinion"
Time and place and all that............lets hear it for King Charles and Camilla

#18 ·
Dick Griffin the queen’s protection officer has just been talking about her on Sky, one story showed she thought of him as a friend when she asked him to bring his newly born grandson to meet her which he did and she took him iin her arms and cuddled him, the baby that is not Dick.
She was a very funny, caring and a tough woman.
I watched her coronation on a neighbours little black and white TV along with a few more people in our road.

she lived a reasonably healthy life right to the end.

#19 ·
I hope that no one thinks flippant posts disrespectful, they after all bounce the thread. But I was truly amazed that the B of E had to issue a statement to reassure that banknotes with the Queen's image WILL remain legal tender

BTW I was surprised to learn that she was the FIRST of our monarchs to appear on them.

Bank of England governor Andrew Bailey said the Queen had been an ‘inspirational figure’.

#21 ·
Jeez…..she had a great opportunity to connect with the British people yet apparently come up with this dreadfully wooden and poorly delivered soulless speech.

God save the King and us from her.

Terry

#22 ·
Sorry disagree entirely with you on that, but it is each person’s opinion. I thought she spoke clearly, well and from the heart. For her, having shaken the Queen’s hand on Tuesday, xshe must have felt the sudden change more than many others. Her phraseology was correct and summed up the opinion of VERY many people: the Queen WAS the Rock on which Modern Britain stood.

Her”God Save the King” is correct and also indicated that it is to be King Charles III and not some other Tegal name that he could have decided upon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.