Motorhome Facts Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
So, by my reckoning, if you were approximately 18 when you started work as a H&S manager worked there for 40 years before retiring to become a pirate in the Caribbean in 1972 you are (at least) 100 years old and still driving a Hymer GTI Turbo!!!
I think you are certainly entitled to your opinions and with your years of experience must be a font of wisdom.
May I respectfully make a suggestion.......I think that the Hymer GTI Turbo may be a bit too nippy for you at your age, maybe you could drive it with the handbrake half on.....or maybe buy a Swift :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thought it was a wind up all along, but thought it was OP Geriatricbackpacker amusing himself \'cause he\'s stuck in his van in the rain.

Nice one barryd

Mel.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
[quote:685122d247=\"CraptonBogwash\"]

I was chief H&S officer for Gateshead Council for 40 years before leaving to be a Pirate in the Caribbean Islands in 1972. I can tell you a thing or two about H&S (and Pirates, who also take H&S seriously these days). Some people think they can go into Europe and just do what they like and Johnny Foreigner wont do anything because he is all foreign! :roll:[/quote:685122d247]

Troll. Must be over 100 and been promoted at a very early age!

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
[quote:e471641d58=\"CraptonBogwash\"]

I was chief H&S officer for Gateshead Council for 40 years before leaving to be a Pirate in the Caribbean Islands in 1972. I can tell you a thing or two about H&S (and Pirates, who also take H&S seriously these days). Some people think they can go into Europe and just do what they like and Johnny Foreigner wont do anything because he is all foreign! :roll:[/quote:e471641d58]

Troll. Must be over 100 and been promoted at a very early age!

·
Registered
484 Posts
He\'s definitely a Fruitcake and it takes one to know one barryd !!!

Terry,
Sorry to hear you\'re having bad weather down there, if it\'s any consolation it\'s pi$$ing down here in Norfolk !! Suggest you try breaking the rules over the border in Portugal :lol: :lol:
Mel.

·
Premium Member
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
[quote:06c8499402=\"Baron1\"]

Thought it was a wind up all along, but thought it was OP Geriatricbackpacker amusing himself \\\'cause he\\\'s stuck in his van in the rain.

Nice one barryd

Mel.[/quote:06c8499402]

The rain was OK it was the hailstones bouncing off the roof that finally flipped me. We were actually driving in icy slush yesterday with next to zero visibility, I reckon its that bloody solar panel I put on the roof attracting the clouds! Much better weather today, had a walk around Morella and the castle today and will kick back and see if I can finish off the last of the French wine.

I have to say that I really don\'t know who Barryd is or know anything about Fruitcakes other than they are a cake presumably liked by trolls.

·
Premium Member
8,444 Posts
sweetie said:
I know realise why I will not be renewing my subscription when it runs out in November after 10 years. :!:

Must be childrens forums somewhere.

Steve
Try registering on Motorhomeowners, a new forum.

There is none of these shenanigans over there. :D

·
Registered
789 Posts
747 said:
sweetie said:
I know realise why I will not be renewing my subscription when it runs out in November after 10 years. :!:

Must be childrens forums somewhere.

Steve
Try registering on Motorhomeowners, a new forum.

There is none of these shenanigans over there. :D
Thank you for that information I did not know there where other motorhome forums. How many are there ? Us Norfolk must get out more.

I,m Registered on other forums not related with motorhomes where threads don't get spoiled as they often seem to on here now and by the same few people.
Still they have moderators who do a good job as this forum once had.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
There are loads of motorhome forums (or should that be fora? )

Try googling motorhomeowners, wildcamping, motorhomefun, for starters, then there's always outandaboutlive, campingandcaravanclub, or tryandavoidgettinggassedwhilemotorhominginspain.
But ignore anything you may see about fruitcakes because there is no such thing - it is only a figment of a very vivid imagination!

Alan

·
Premium Member
32,151 Posts
Yes Sweetie! As Alhod says those are the only forums available. There is talk about an underground motorhome forum but its only for really cool motorhomers and its way out of my league.

You might qualify though. Good luck in finding them.

·
Premium Member
12,280 Posts
Hey up.

You do know Steve is very nice in real life...

Come on mate have a re think :wink: ... It was only a bit of fun, gawd no's we need it on here some time.

ray.

·
Premium Member
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Well it's been a few days and the sun has only made brief appearances although we are being led to believe that this coming week will be better. We are now south of Alacante at Le Marina near Elche.
A word of warning to anyone who is thinking of travelling down the coast from the North and using aires I should point out that a lot of the tolerated aires shown in Camperstop are no longer being tolerated and fresh signs have been erected prohibiting motorhomes from 'camping' on the beaches. So far we have found the following are no longer in use:-
Canet D En Berenguer-parking by the marina. There is a nearby car park we had lunch at and a few motorhomes pulled in who had just been moved on from Alqueria and nearby beaches by the Police.
Oliva-the council have errected a big berm to stop vans accessing the beach.
La Marina (Elche) two of the beach side locations have new signs with no motorhomes on them.
The third site in La Marina (Camino del Pinet) is still permitting overnight parking.

The Odessa site at Denia is still closed and there is still no news on it's replacement getting planning permission (they have been waiting 7 months for it to be processed). The Odessa site at Calp is still doing business as usual and had plenty of pitches available.

Despite my misleading photograph we are not reckless where we park (the car park in the picture is a recognised overflow for the aire despite the signs and there were actually another half dozen vans out of shot) so abide by the rules. It seems that the tourist areas are trying to clear away all the vans as their season starts next weekend and they are expecting a lot of visitors and don't want the areas full up with motorhomes.

Terry

·
Premium Member
31,037 Posts
Gosh go away for a few weeks and what's happening on here

It's raining everywhere, but not today or yesterday

There are other forums BUT

They are not like this one

This one is ALIVE

Only on one other which is very nice 8O

A bit too nice for me

I want a bit of real life arguments disagreements and totally lovely people who talk about life and hopes and despair with MH thrown in

With out people the MH is just a glorified car :lol: :lol:

aldra

·
Registered
6,089 Posts
Geriatricbackpacker said:
Well it's been a few days and the sun has only made brief appearances although we are being led to believe that this coming week will be better. We are now south of Alacante at Le Marina near Elche.
A word of warning to anyone who is thinking of travelling down the coast from the North and using aires I should point out that a lot of the tolerated aires shown in Camperstop are no longer being tolerated and fresh signs have been erected prohibiting motorhomes

Terry
If you are in the area, the Aire at Almariamar is worth a look, it should be in the book. You can swim in the sea within 50' of your van.
Alan

·
Premium Member
32,151 Posts
aldra wrote: ]Gosh go away for a few weeks and what's happening on here

It's raining everywhere, but not today or yesterday

There are other forums BUT

They are not like this one

This one is ALIVE

Only on one other which is very nice 8O

A bit too nice for me

I want a bit of real life arguments disagreements and totally lovely people who talk about life and hopes and despair with MH thrown in

With out people the MH is just a glorified car :lol: :lol:

aldra
Well I am alive my love!! dunno about the rest of em!

I think you might be best staying on this forum! All the hot blokes are on here. Well me anyway. Ok and 747 but he is only 3ft high. :D

·
Premium Member
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I know you have all been fretting as we have been off the air for over a week and some of you will have expected that we will have been gassed or worse. Having spent a week at Canada de Callege without any problems we moved on to San Juan de Los Terreros and have had a couple of days here next to the sea on the beach. This afternoon however we were visited by the Guardia Civil who told us that we are not permitted to camp her (a listed Camperstop- tolerated location) and need to move on in the morning, They were extremely polite and helpful but none the less this is no longer a tolerated aire at least during their holiday season. Will be moving on to Agua Amarga tomorrow or face the consequences!!

Terry

21 - 40 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.