Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 182 Posts

· Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
13,697 Posts
And I saw my 1st primroses on the way home! Reminded me of a few years ago when I'd crossed the Irish Sea to Cherbourg on St Patrick's Day n was on my way down to raynipper's - the banks at the side of the road were absolutely awash with primroses for miles. It fairly lifts the spirits.

· Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
13,697 Posts
19° here - oh, chubby fingers, it's actually 10! Beautiful sunshine this morning but clouded over now. Now that the kids are all back to school I'm really missing the entertainment of all the wheels in our local square (which is actually a circle - it is Ireland after all!!)

· Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
13,697 Posts
Where were we talking about clocks being altered today /images/MotorhomeFacts_2014/smilies/tango_face_sad.png I have forgotten.
Apparently here its the last time tonight or tomorrow morning at 2 am if you want to be pedantic /images/MotorhomeFacts_2014/smilies/tango_face_smile_big.png

https://www.thelocal.de/20201023/should-seasonal-clock-changes-be-abolished/
That link you refer to Jan says there won't be time to talk about changing clock routines - rather more pressing issues.

I was doing teacher training in Aberdeen the year the UK tried not changing the clocks. I can tell you it was pretty miserable going to and returning from school in the pitch black. There was a feeling that life was much less safe in those circumstances but I'm not sure if they produced any figures for the experiment.

I do remember in our early days of wandering thro Europe in the MH, finding ourselves in Portugal after touring through northern Spain. We noticed a church clock at the 'wrong' time but it was several days before we realised actually it was our watches that were wrong!

· Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
13,697 Posts
I'd to move the MH to the other side of the parking area as our neighbours were having trees between us lopped. My goodness, they did a fabulous job n cleared up exceptionally well behind them. However, I'm not moving the MH back just yet - I can see a branch (albeit a fairly light one) caught up in another above my spot. So I'll just wait for a bit of wind to hopefully bring it down.

Absolutely gorgeous day today, tho a cool breeze.

· Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
13,697 Posts
My daughter and grandson are up for the weekend (SO lovely to see them!) I've arranged to take him to WWT tomorrow - all outside n it's going to be tipping it down n too windy for an umbrella!!

At least I warned his Mum to bring his wetgear.

1 - 20 of 182 Posts