Motorhome Facts Forum banner
2821 - 2840 of 3380 Posts

· Premium Member
11,813 Posts
19 and cloudy this morning with rain this afternoon.

More importantly - for me :) - it looks like there could be nearly a full days play in the cricket at Lords with maybe a shower around lunchtime.

· Premium Member
25,573 Posts
Yep Pat looking at 24c here and water buts only half full.

Ray.

· Premium Member
Malibu PVC
30,239 Posts
Much cooler here today. Right now it's 22 degrees with a wind making it feel cooler and today it's not supposed to rise above 30 for the first time in many weeks.

It's welcome though it does feel very like the first signs of Autumn.

Reactions: JanHank

· Premium Member
17,912 Posts
The first signs of what looks like autumn are here, brown leaves on trees, and the Maize is turning brown already because of lack of water. they set rape seed in the field behind me yesterday, rolling in flat today, but when it will get any water goodness knows.
33° here now, the only breeze is from my 2 fans.

· Premium Member
17,912 Posts
Thank goodness the weather has broken and I heard it yesterday with the loudest clap of thunder with the most frightening lightning strike at the same time, it was right over my head and the lightning sounded like an electrical spark, I was sitting next to the window which was open and I almost jumped out of my chair, it upset Motley for about half an hour, but a little while after he eat the food I gave him so all was well there. A lot of rain has fallen so the rape seeds they set on Wednesday will be happy.
This is the first morning for yonks I have fully opened the curtains as there is no sign of the sun and the temperature has dropped 10° A high of 23° Forecast today, I can start to live again.

· Premium Member
11,813 Posts
We had rain all day yesterday from lunchtime and can echo the thoughts regarding it feeling autumnal.

Today however it is supposed to be 20/21 degrees with sun and cloud all day but less than 5% chance of rain.

• Wow
Reactions: raynipper

· Premium Member
17,912 Posts
Raining 😁. I bet you all remember when you were kids and the adults used to say “The garden needs rain“ and you used to think ‘Oh no we don’t‘
Changed your mind now haven‘t you 😉.
Hopefully it will stop long enough sometime today and I can just run over the forest before it gets a hold.

· Premium Member
11,813 Posts
20/21 and looking mixed here today. Could be a shower or two.

We are officially in drought her in SW Wales. The neighbouring county Pembrokeshire has a hosepipe ban as well as parts of west Carmarthenshire. Our parts of Carmarthenshire is, and has remained, green and verdant throughout with our river behind the house remaining at normal levels throughout the summer.

Where we live doesn't have the hose pipe ban...which is fortunate as I want to wash the MH one day next week!

· Premium Member
11,813 Posts
19 degrees and rain forecast from mid morning to mid afternoon.

Might kybosh my planned garden time!

· Premium Member
17,912 Posts
The sun ain’t gonna shine until this evening so the forecast says, overcast at the moment, 23° C and will stay cooler until the middle of the week when it reaches the high 20is.
I must pluck up courage to fill the rank with weed killer, the weeds are growing like mad after the rain, grass is already trying to perk up so once that gets going I’m going to be cutting every 3 days after having about 6 weeks of no growth.

· Premium Member
8,591 Posts
Still no rain :( No hosepipe ban either :( Our neighbours water the whole of their, quite large, garden every day with a sprinkler. I even saw him doing it during the hottest part of the day :( They have a bore hole that gives them natural spring water 24/7 but choose to use their, unmetered, supply from Anglian Water!

· Premium Member
17,912 Posts
Our grass used to be watered from our well, but that was given up several years ago, the grass always returns as soon as the rain hits it. Th3 well pump has stopped working through lack of use now.
On Thursday my grass looked like a stubble field, Friday and yesterday we had a good bit of rain and rapid drop in temperature, already this morning it has patches of grass recovering.
The worst thing here when there‘s no grass covering is Motley gets a dry dirty looking coat from the dust he kicks up running over the garden, that means even more grooming. 🫤

· Premium Member
Malibu PVC
30,239 Posts
Clear blue here. Ten minutes ago we had a stiff wind, all gone now. Set to be over 30 again I'd guess.

· Premium Member
11,813 Posts
Drizzling now but supposed to be dry from mid morning with a high of 21 degrees. The forecast says there will be no sign of the sun again today though.

• Helpful
Reactions: raynipper
2821 - 2840 of 3380 Posts