Motorhome Facts Forum banner
2941 - 2960 of 3007 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,900 Posts
Remind me where you are Graham I had it in my head you are in Austria.
No, we have been in northern Italy (Lake Iseo, Lombardy) for 2 weeks now.

Its currently raining as we are still in a thunder storm....from bloody 2.30 this morning!

Today: chance of showers all day and a much cooler high of only 20 degrees forecast.

·
Premium Member
28,538 Posts
I think you have more than the usual 24 hours in your days G.

Ray.

Reactions: erneboy

·
Premium Member
8,560 Posts
What's going on with the weather? Last week we had overnight temperatures of 18C and this morning it is 6C! Forecast is dry and bright with a high of 16C. Mind you I do love this time of year :)

·
Premium Member
17,142 Posts
I wonder where the global warming has got to,
Yesterday I put Motleys agility toys out again, the tunnel has weights at either end which held it in place until last week when I brought everything in for my spray jobs, looked out at 5 am to find it had been so windy at sometime during the night the tunnel had been for a walk, good job it blew to the house otherwise it might have landed up in the river and the river is still out of bounds. So at 5 o’clock this morning I was out in my dressing gown struggling with the weights to hold it down again, no wind at that time or at the moment, but it is returning so I will have to bring it in again.
It’s turned that cool I put a vest on yesterday, Winter is not far away.

·
Premium Member
10,900 Posts
Sunshine and a high for 18 degrees forecast for our destination today up in The Alps.

·
Premium Member
10,900 Posts
I think you have more than the usual 24 hours in your days G.

Ray.
It certainly felt like it yesterday Ray having had to get up at 2.30am due to the storms. Much quieter last night though which was definitely needed.

Reactions: raynipper

·
Premium Member
8,560 Posts
Dry and cool with cloud and a NW wind. At last the house has cooled down. Trouble is out bodies have become accustomed to high heat and we are finding 20C, in the house, a bit cool. Chris has to dress up with coats, hat and gloves to go out with me on his scooter.

·
Premium Member
28,538 Posts
Yep, ventured out at 8.00 and only 6c with a fine white mist everywhere.
Counted 10 sellers at local Boot trying to sell "Snow Chains". :ROFLMAO:

Ray.

·
Premium Member
17,142 Posts
We had to buy snow chains in November when we went to the Harz Mountains in the 80is because we couldn't drive up the mountain roads in the Volvo 240, the things are a darned nuisance as soon as you hit a road thats been cleared you have to take them off or put up with a terribly noisy ride and wear the chains out..

·
Premium Member
17,142 Posts
I have just been looking through photos of our holiday last year, I was sure it wasn't as cold as this then and looking at these photos I am right even into October we were still sitting outside and playing outside-

September 26th & 22nd September
Water Sky Dog Plant Cloud
Wheel Tire Vehicle Sky Car

7th & 8th October
Sky Tire Tree Plant Vehicle
Jeans Dog Cloud Sky Vehicle

·
Premium Member
8,560 Posts
Dry and cool. Chris is really struggling on his scooter in this cooler weather. He accompanies me on both the dog walks each day. It doesn't seem right to be wearing hats and gloves in September but he needs them now. Will have to shop for some proper woollen jumpers for him. He usually eschews them in favour of sweatshirts but I think he will be needing real wool now.

·
Premium Member
17,142 Posts
As my photos show Pat, last year in Germany it was entirely different weather to this, at the moment it is tippling down & 9°c but neither forecast has predicted it, cloudy one says then wind & light showers this afternoon. We do still need rain but a bit of warmth as well to get things growing.

·
Premium Member
28,538 Posts
We had similar gathering in the Arizona desert for 10 years up to 2008 Jan.

Ray.
Sky Chair Flag Hat Table

2941 - 2960 of 3007 Posts