Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon.

I have a Thetford C200.
The cassette is missing it's wheels. I can make the axle easily enough and buy wheels at a Chino.
Could somebody let me know the diameter of the wheels please?

TIA

·
Premium Member
2007 Fiat Ducato Ace Siena 2.2 100 Multijet, Keighley, Still in Gods County.
46,864 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,391 Posts
...and maybe keep the older one for a spare/back up?

·
Premium Member
983 Posts
If you live in Spain motorhome spares are not as easy to come by as the UK if they are they are usually more expensive its not possible to buy though UK Ebay easily due to brexit rules so we tend to repair if possible. can someone please measure their cassette wheels for Relyat mine does not have wheels so i cannot help

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bilbaoman you are correct, things are more difficult to acquire and frequently more expensive when you can.
I would always rather repair when possible, particularly with the cost consideration.
If anyone can give me the measurement I would be grateful.

·
Premium Member
2007 Fiat Ducato Ace Siena 2.2 100 Multijet, Keighley, Still in Gods County.
46,864 Posts
Apologies, I hadn't clocked your location, and I don't have a C200, but you should be able to work out the diameter from the centre of the shaft to the max possible considering it has to fit, at a guess I'd say 75-100mm

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pudsey thanks.
The axle location is ever so slightly offset. This is possibly to allow it to be used over ground but allow clearance when it's in the locker.
As best I can tell, they would be 95 or 100mm.
If nobody has this model then I'll mock up some wheels in cardboard and see what fits best.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I couldn't find suitable wheels. Those of a suitable diameter were too wide. However, taking the dog out for an evening walk I spied an abandoned shopping trolley at the bins.
A perfect fit! A couple of pieces of scrap aluminum riveted in strategic places and the job's a good'un. Even better, all for nil cost

·
Premium Member
23,080 Posts
Well done for your ingenuity and “recycling” ability.

If you ever need more, it sounds like those on the original McLaren buggies might be suitable, just a thought, although I suspect you will never need to seek such things again as you may well have two spare wheels still…..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.