Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All Not sure if this is the right section but here goes.
Having just purchased my Sunseeker 140 I am ploughing my way through
all the info that came with it,and regarding the Thetford Cassette
there is an Important Warning Notice saying....."Please do not travel with water in the flush tank of your toilet.Failure to adhere to his notice may result in water damage to your caravan or motorhome"!!!!!!
Hello,what's that all about!! I just wonder what members do about this strange notice..............Pete.

·
Registered
15,161 Posts
What they mean is that the water in the reservoir that is attached to the wall will, when you corner, apply a force to the wall of the van and this just might be sufficient to pull the reservoir from the wall altogether or, at best, cause a leak.

We always travelled with the reservoir full - until we saw the notice !- and never had any damage caused but I guess, if the worst happens and you knew about the warning, then your insurance company might not look kindly on your claim.

G

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Always travelled with the reservoir either full or at least half full. Never had the slightest bother either when towing (caravan days) or now with motorhome. Just another of those 'don't say you weren't warned' messages that companies seem to love to frighten us with.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.