Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Given the amount of mouldings that this company produced for Motorhomes (& probably caravans) does anyone who, if any, has taken over the buisness, or if the moulds have been bought by anyone?

I need a new shower tray for my Swift MH and I can find no recent references on 'tinternet.

Cheers

Andy

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
fenderbassman said:
Hi

Given the amount of mouldings that this company produced for Motorhomes (& probably caravans) does anyone who, if any, has taken over the buisness, or if the moulds have been bought by anyone?

I need a new shower tray for my Swift MH and I can find no recent references on 'tinternet.

Cheers

Andy
Hi Andy,

This is from the Hull Daily Mail in Feb.

"200 lose jobs in new blow
East Yorkshire's manufacturing industry has been dealt another blow after more than 200 workers were laid off from a firm that supplies the caravan business.
Plastics company Thompson Technik (Hessle) Ltd has fallen into administration,
10/02/2009 06:30"

Don

·
Registered
740 Posts
Don Madge said:
fenderbassman said:
Hi

Cheers

Andy
Hi Andy,

This is from the Hull Daily Mail in Feb.

"200 lose jobs in new blow
East Yorkshire's manufacturing industry has been dealt another blow after more than 200 workers were laid off from a firm that supplies the caravan business.
Plastics company Thompson Technik (Hessle) Ltd has fallen into administration,
10/02/2009 06:30"

Don
I heard the company had set up again, swift would know!!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
From Plastics and Rubber Weekly 25 Feb 2009

"Thompson Plastics (Hull) has been bought out of administration by Redspar, a newly-created company that includes some of the plants previous managers.

The firm, which made components for the caravan and automotive markets, was seen as an unlikely sale back in January, when Charles Escott of administrator PKF, suggested the Hull site might not be a viable stand-alone business.

However, work at the Hull plant is due to restart within days, according to Escott, with around a quarter of the firm’s original 200 staff re-employed."

I noticed when passing the other day that a lot of the buildings are for let or for sale, so it seems like they're downsized.

Derek

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.