Motorhome Facts Forum banner

Three PAYG 3G Dongle - £5 Delivered.

18K views 52 replies 23 participants last post by  Dago 
Has it sent you a text? I think mine did, though I seem to remember there were false attempts at the beginning - & I currently can't get on to my3 from a different connection (i.e. not through the dongle) at all now, it says I'm using an invalid phone no to log on with!

JacSprat said:
Thing is, if you depend on 3's start-up menu to tell you there's a signal in the boonies, forget it. You have to exit their menu, go to network connections and click on 1.3g manually (your dongle's direct connection).
Thanks, Jacquie!

It never occurred to me that you could do this, until I read this thread a few weeks ago. We've just been up to the Yorks coast, & found that the Vodafone software wouldn't establish a connection at all, despite a reasonable signal from the dongle up in the rooflight. (Seemed like a conflict with the new software we'd just installed so we could take a small, cheap printer with us to print walk maps - solving one problem creates much bigger ones!) Anyway, remembered your tip - connection straightaway, every time!

You never know when miscellaneous facts can be useful - forum browsing isn't really such a time-waster after all!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.