Motorhome Facts Forum banner

Three Summer Days on Arran

1712 Views 7 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  hiker
http://picasaweb.google.com/SumDoood/ThreeDaysOnArranSummer2009

I recommend the Slideshow option, but if you wish to read all the captions, you'll want to go through one shot at a time.

Have fun!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Thanx. It was, and I'll be going back. I'm dreaming up a sunny frosty autumn trip - no midges and no bracken to get in the way of all those ancient remains.
Mmm - takes me back to pre-van days, family still at home, when we won some holiday vouchers & hired a cruiser on the Firth of Clyde, so could tour the islands as we pleased. Will go back one day in the van - retirement will mean I'm no longer tied to school holidays & will be able to go out of midge season!

PS the borage is one of the comfreys (same family) but can't place the honeysuckle-trees at all.
hiker said:
Mmm - takes me back to pre-van days, family still at home, when we won some holiday vouchers & hired a cruiser on the Firth of Clyde, so could tour the islands as we pleased. Will go back one day in the van - retirement will mean I'm no longer tied to school holidays & will be able to go out of midge season!

PS the borage is one of the comfreys (same family) but can't place the honeysuckle-trees at all.
Thanx, hiker. I like the thought of cruising the Firth of Clyde. I enjoy "collecting" ferry journeys and other boat trips - Scotland can look especially good from the sea.

I'm open to offers about that tree from the honeysuckle family - it is a hugely varied family, for certain. I'm also open to any other bits and pieces of info - a friend has just converted my guessed-at kittiwakes into fulmars.
Should have spotted the fulmar - we were feasting our eyes on fulmars & kittiwakes (& guillemots & razorbills & gannets & puffins) up in the Bempton/Flamborough area a couple of weeks ago.

I think you'll have to go back to take a sharper picture of the tree - I've tried copying & enlarging - didn't help - still looks a bit like an elongated Weigela!
hiker said:
I think you'll have to go back to take a sharper picture of the tree - I've tried copying & enlarging - didn't help - still looks a bit like an elongated Weigela!
Oh, I don't mind going back. At the time I took the it it was just one of those point and snap shots you take to remind yourself about something rather than bother to scribble a note. Well, that's what I do anyway.

Bempton Cliffs were on Springwatch just the other evening. We've been to Filey, Flamborough and Bridlington, but if ever I knew about those birdy cliffs, I'd completely forgotten.
Daughter (biologist, living in York) threw down the challenge of Bempton after I'd been going on too enthusiastically about the wonders of Brittany. She was correct!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.